Capsule Stories

Capsule Stories

A Story by Sumit Ganguly

    These are the shortest stories I have ever heard during my chat with friends. Hence the titles of the tales are given Capsule Stories. My friends did not tag the stories with any title. But in written form each one deserves an identity, so the titles are provided. 
Whether these are published or not is unknown.

1)                               WHO SURVIVES?
                                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     A hunter enters a dense forest with a gun. Since last month one tiger has rampaged two local villages and killed humans and pets alike. With increase in population, the villagers have cleared off large part of the forest to make it habitable. The man eater, a creature conditioned by habit, has invaded his old areas for food and earned the wrath of villagers. 
     Suddenly the hunter faces two fiery eyes. 
     He aims his gun and pulls the trigger. 
     Tiger. 
                                              - - - - - 
(Dear reader, my friend had ended the story this way. With advancement of age we are now of modern outlook. So, if you feel, the story should conform to our present age, you are at liberty to change the final word as 'Hunter' ) 
                                     ________________________
         
 2)                                           The Order
                                                 - - - - - - - - 
    The Junta Government of a country has captured an insurgent and ordered execution by firing squad. The captive has appealed to the President for amnesty. 
     Today at 7.30 AM. young man has been brought out of the jail for execution. 
       The Commander covers his head with a black scarf, holds his hand and slowly takes him in front of the bull's eye. The military officer is son of the soil and knows that the young man has appealed for 'pardon' to the President. 
       At 7.55 AM. the Commander orders the gunmen- GET READY. 
       After sometime he commands - AIM.
       Just then the Commander finds a horseman rushing with a white flag. 
        As per the prevalent custom, if the President grants amnesty, the order is carried in the execution ground by a horse rider holding a white flag. 
       The Commander orders - STOP. 
       Broooooom. Three guns flash instantly. 
       Alas, the gunmen know that after the order Aim, there can only be the command- FIRE. 
                                ________________________
      
     
               
         

© 2018 Sumit Ganguly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on October 25, 2018
Last Updated on November 2, 2018

Author

Sumit Ganguly
Sumit Ganguly

Kolkata, South Asia, India



About
Devoted to writing. Occupation-Retired. more..

Writing
Co Co

A Poem by Sumit Ganguly