"Throughout my Days"

"Throughout my Days"

A Story by Hope
"

Decided to do a short bit for Link, the main protagonist in the Legend of Zelda, in the Orcarina of Time/Majora's Mask.

"
How long has it been since I've started? Not long, I don't think. Yet... It seems like a millennium has gone by.
How many times have I done this? How much more do I need to keep this up? All I've ever wanted was to live a life. Sure, I fantasized about the idea of adventure, but I'd never think that it would be like this. 
Why?
Why am I pushing myself so hard? I've traveled across an entire forest, been inside a volcano, dove to the depths of a lake and continually got lost. I've fought an invisible force and I've journeyed across an entire dessert with little to no water. I've fought and defeated a force that represents power itself. But... why?
I've lost my entire childhood, ten years of my life that would never be reclaimed. I've lost the possibility to find friends to grow up with. I lost my best friend already, lost to the grasps of time. Those who I did meet and make friends with before have all changed though the long years that I was gone. 
Even though it was given back to me, I had to lose my most precious friend.
Navi.
I never understood why she left. I didn't understand where she went.
But I needed to find her.
To the people of the Kokiri, a fairy was apart of our being. Part of who we are. Without her...
I went out to find her, traveling far and wide to find her. While I was on my journey, I honed my fighting skills. After a while, I ran into more trouble. Deep trouble. I lost my most valuable treasure, given to me by someone special. I had to get it back, so I chased the one who did it.
But... Little did I know what kind of power that creature held. 
Throughout the time I was in Termina, I had the ability to use specialized mask with unique abilities. I was a Zoran, a Gorron, a Deku Sprout, as well as hid my face. When I put on the masks that transform my being though... I also have to feel their pain. Feel their past experiences, from good times to bad. To feeling their love, as well as their heartbreaks. 
Near the end of my journey, I had visited a plain where the Boss Masks, as I like to call them, were children, and I had to give away my masks to continue forward. I could honestly say that I was glad to get rid of all of the masks. In the end, however...
I gained one of the best, and one of the worst masks ever. 
The mask was called the Fierce Deity Mask. It held an ultimate and awesome power, which was even higher than the one of the creature I spoke of earlier. But with great power, there was a great burden as well. I can still feel its confusion, its pain, its suffering... 
Its familiarity. 
After I departed, I noticed an off feeling. Something that crawled down my back. It wasn't until after I was able to leave Termina that I noticed what it was. 
That mask... was still with me.
I had tried multiple times to get rid of it. I threw it in chasms, drowned it in a lake, even going so far as to set it on fire. Yet every time, it always appeared by my side, on my belt. After a year of the routine, I gave up. If it stayed, that was its decision I figured. Just because it was with me, didn't mean I had to use it.
But I did.
I was forced to rely on it for many years. To the time I traveled, looking for my lost friend, to the time I returned t Hyrule, to again when I left again to travel. It was technically seven years, but I feel like I've been through a thousand lifetimes. I've never rested. I never took too much for granted...
And I never lost hope that I would find my lost friend, or protecting those who I have left.
I sit in this cottage now, tired, wounded. The mask hanged on the ladder leading to the upper bunk bed, my precious item lays behind me, and my clothing laid on the floor, bloodstained. I was in my worn down pants, my hat in my hand. I haven't looked in the mirror, but I already know where my wounds are: multiple on my back, two claw mark on one of my arms, one of them bandaged, a small, wide cut underneath my left eye, my knees were open from my torn pants and my soul feels heavier than a castle. 
I stare blankly ahead, looking at the journey I've been through, the people I've saved, the ones I've lost. The amazing places I've been and the enemies I've defeated. After everything... the only thing I wish...
Is to have my dear friend with me.
Navi...

© 2016 Hope


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on March 30, 2016
Last Updated on March 30, 2016

Author

Hope
Hope

Tunnel Hill, IL



About
"A sword wields no strength, unless the hand that holds it has courage" I am filled with determination. more..

Writing