The new years party

The new years party

A Stage Play by Kia-chan!
"

True love....

"

 

Scene 1:

Narrator: Once apon a time, in a particular place, it was new years eve when a family known as the Stinthens were having their annual New years eve ball. Anyone who was even associated with the family were to come, and then some. there would be dancing, and mingling, and chatting, and orderves, and drinking, etc. It was quite a party. But of course, it was black tie. But our story begins with the daughter of the lady of the house hold, sitting all alone next the the window, watching the snow flakes fall. Suddenly, a handsome boy approaches her, and thus begins our story.

 

Boy: Hello. Would you care to dance?

 

Girl: Sure! Um..that is, if you don't mind.

 

boy: I don't mind.

 

Narrator:The two of them danced, and talked for about 20 minutes, until the two of them got hungry, and went to get something to eat together.

 

Girl: I'm having so much fun with you. Oh! I almost forgot to ask what your name is!

 

Boy: It's Darald. Darald Falkinham the third. My brother is friends with your brother, and he invited my entire family to your party. So here we are!

 

Girl: Darald...I rather like that name.

 

Darald: So, may I ask what your name is?

 

Girl: Oh! Yes, of course...It's Stefany. Stefany Stinthen. My mother is the Lady of the house, and my father is the lord of the house. But you already know who they are, don't you?

 

Darald: Yes, of course.

 

Stefany: (Reaches for a plate to put her food on)

 

Darald: (Reaches for a plate to put his food on at the exact same time as Stefany, and places his hand on hers by accident)

 

stefany: (Blushes)

 

Darald: (Blushes) Oh! sorry...(Pulls his hand away)

 

Stefany: It's okay...

 

Darald: Shall we get our food?

 

Stefany: Yes. Lets.

 

Narrator: Stefany and Darald Get their food, and sit down together at a table near the dance floor. So far, they are both having a wonderful time. They sit there and eat for a while, and then they continue dancing.

 

Scene 2:

 

Narrator: They are in the Gazebo now, and they are getting more and more romantic the more they get to know eachother.

 

Stefany: I feel as though I've known you for years, Darald.

 

Darald: I feel the same.

 

Stefany: This is such an honor, to be in the arms of a man with such...dignity.

 

Darald: And for me, it is an honor to be holding such a fair, beautiful, maiden as this.

 

Stefany: (Feels herself moving closer to Darald)

 

Darald: (Notices that she wants to kiss, so he grants her wish)

 

Narrator: And so, they kissed for the very first time, under the gazebo, and surrounded by starlight. But, unfortunatly for them, they are being watched by the lord of the house. and Stefany's father does not like their rondavou one bit.

 

Stefany: (Pulls away from Darald, and looks at him) Did you hear that?

 

Darald: What is it you speak of, my love?

 

Stefany: Just now! I heard some russling in the bushes over there. What dost thou think it was?

 

Darald: You must be hearing things, love. For I didst not hear a bit of russling in that bush. Maybe you've had a bit too much whine tonight. Shall we go back inside?

 

Stefany: Your probably right. But I feel fine, and I have no desire to go in just yet. I would like to stay a little longer, if you don't mind.

 

Darald: As you wish.

 

Narrator: The two of them go in after a while, and sit next to the window together.

 

Scene 3:

Narrator: Farther into the house, Stefany's father is pacing back and forth, discussing something with his wife, and his buisiness assosiate.

 

Father: I saw her kissing this young man. what do you think we should do?

 

Mother: Why do anything? If our daughter wishes to be with this young man, then I think we should let her. Lest you worry.

 

Father: But of course I'm worried! She only just met this boy and she's already running off and kissing him like some kind of s**t!

 

Mother: How dare you call our only daughter a s**t!

 

Buisiness assosiate: Calm yourself, sire. You two have no reason to worry. Afterall, the young lady has already come of age. And this young man is not poor. So, if they ended up getting married, it would'nt cause any problems, right?

 

Mother, and Father: (Exchange glances)

 

Father: I'll go talk to the young lady.

 

Scene 4:

Narrator:Stefany's father goes down stairs, and finds Stefany talking to Darald.

 

Father: Stefany? May I have a word with you?

 

Stefany: Of course, father. Excuse me, Darald, I will return. (Gets up, and follows her father to an open door way)

 

Stefany: What's this all about?

 

Father: Stefany, you must tell me what you were doing kissing this young man.

 

Stefany: What? How did you know that we kissed?

 

Father: I saw you.

 

Stefany: Well, I love him, father. Would it be okay for him to...court me?

 

Father: I don't know.

 

Stefany: Please, father! I love him!

 

Father: Well...Alright.

 

Stefany: Oh, thank you, father, thank you!

 

Father: Now, go hence, to talk more with this man. By the way, who is he?

 

Stefany: He is Darald, father. Darald Falkinham. My brother's friend's brother, sir.

 

Father: I see...

 

Stefany: Father? What bothers you so?

 

Father: It is nothing, child, nothing at all.

 

Stefany: I beg your pardon sir, but may I leave?

 

Father: Yes, go hence.

 

Narrator: Some time passes, and it is nearing the end of the party. Stefany and Darald have now planned thto meet again soon.

 

Scene 5:

 

Narrator:It is the end of the party, and Stefany is saying fairwell to her newly found love, Darald.

 

Sefany: Fairwell, my love, my reason for living, fairwell.

 

Darald: Fairwell. I will miss you terribly, so may I ask a favor of you?

 

Stefany: Of course! Anything!

 

Darald: may I have a kiss before I leave?

 

Stefany: As you wish (kisses him tenderly on the lips)

 

Darald: Goodnight, and fairwell, my love!

 

Stefany: Goodnight, and fairwell.

 

Narrator: So, Darald left, and Stefany did not see him again until the next week. Through out the next few eeks, the two of them courted, and kissed, and talked, and fell more and more in love.

 

Scene 6:

 

Narrator: Now it is Stefany and Darald's wedding day, and they are already almost finished getting dolled up. Stefany is now talking to her mother, and the brides maides, and her cousin, Ruthy.

 

Stefany: I'm so nervous!

 

Mother: Don't be, child. It's only a wedding.

 

Ruthy: It's alright if your nervous, cousin. I was also nervous when I married.

 

Brides maid #1: And your dress is simply goergous, Stefany!

 

Brides maid #2: Oh yes! and you should see the groom! he looks ever so handsome today!

 

Mother: Ladies, ladies, settle down.

 

Stefany: Yes, do. I'm so happy to be marrying my one and only love.

 

Brides maid #3: He is incredibly, is he not? How many children shall you have?

 

Stefany: Um...I do not know, miss! though, I have high hopes of one day having children.

 

Brides maid #1: Well when you do, I would be honored if you would allow me to be the godmother.

 

Stefany: Lets not get too hasty...

 

Narrator: Thus, the wedding begins!

 

Scene 7:

 

Narrator: The bride has walked down the isle, and the minister has begun to preach...

 

Minister: Do you, sir Darald L. Falkinham the third, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?

 

Darald: I do.

 

Minister: And do you, Ms. Stefany M. Stinthen, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?

 

Stefany: I do.

 

Minister: You may kiss the bride.

 

Darald: (Pulls back Stefany's vail, and kisses her)


Narrator: The music began to play, and the two of them walked back down the isle, and together, they lived happily ever after.

 

The end.

 

 

 

© 2010 Kia-chan!


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on July 17, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010

Author

Kia-chan!
Kia-chan!

Andover, MN



About
My name is Kiah. I am a teenager. I love writing, music, drawing, the internet, chinese food, tigers, kitty-cats, Fruits basket (By: Natsuki Takaya), manga, Anime, and Japan. I live with my mom, my da.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kia-chan!