Leaving the nest

Leaving the nest

A Story by Kia-chan!
"

Leaving the nest is supposed to be a very happy thing...But it can also be lonely and depressing...

"

      It was the day that I was finally moving out of my parents house. I was sitting on my bed, going through a box full of memories. I was looking at my old baby photos, Clothes from my childhood, pictures of me and my brothers, and some of my old school art work. The night before was my last night sleeping in my old room. I only knew one thing was for sure: I was going to miss this place. The tire swing hanging in the backyard, the old hamack that me and my brothers would play on, the park behind our house, the sand pit, the smell of my mothers home-made pies, everything. I was going to miss it all. Even though I knew it wasn't goodbye forever, It still felt incredibly depressing. But still, I was headed off to college, and my new apartment was waiting for me. I was 19 years old, and I had been planning this day for months. I was ready to go. I put the pictures, and the other memories back in the box, and I finished packing the things that I could easily carry. After I was finally done, I took one last look at my bedroom. I saw the purple walls, the closet that was once stuffed with clothes, the great big window that I would look out of every night, before going to bed. Then, I turned around, luggage in my hands, and I left the room. I went down stairs to say goodbye to my brothers, Rick, and Luke. they are 16. Rick and Luke are twins. They are identical, so sometimes even I couldn't tell them apart. They were sitting on the couch, looking depressed, and lonely, just like I felt. I sat down next to them. "Well...I guess this is goodbye", I said. Rick was staring at the floor, and  Luke was flipping his phone open and closed like he always did when he was troubled. "It's not goodbye forever, Lisa. We're going to visit your new apartment next week, right?", said Rick. I gave them a weak smile. Rick smiled back, but Luke just kept staring at the floor. "I don't mean forever, I mean for now", I said. "So, goodbye Rick, Goodbye Luke. I'll see you back at my apartment". All of a sudden, Luke sprane up from the couch, and tackled me with a hug. "Don't go, Lisa. Don't go! I...I love you! Don't move out!", he cried. I felt his hot tears fall on my neck, and then I too, started to cry. Then Rick got down from the couch, and hugged both of us. He was the only one who was'nt crying. Then I heard footsteps coming from the other room, and in walked my mom. "Oh, you guys. Your acting as if your never going to see eachother again...Oh well...I'll just have to make you come over and visit us a lot, Lisa", she said. But I could tell that she was crying too, because her voice was shaky. My father was outside, talking to the movers. Me, Rick, and Luke finally seperated, and now it was mom's turn to hug me. "I hope you have fun at college. And remember to call us once in a while, to keep us updated. And if you ever need anything, then don't hesitate to come over. And I'm sure your brothers would appreciate it if you would text them once in a while. After all, I just know it's going to be like living in a funeral home over here. They're really going to miss you", she said. We seperated, and I smiled at her. She handed me a picture of the entire family, including me. "This is just a keep-sake to remember us whenever your feeling lonely. Rick and Luke wanted me to give it to you", she said. I looked at my brothers, and they both blushed at the same time. I gave Luke a great big hug, and then Rick. I said goodbye to my mother, and my brothers one last time, and then It was time to say fairwell to my father.

 

      He was done talking to the movers when I saw him sitting all alone on the porch. I sat down next to him, and patted his back. "So, I'm finally leaving, dad. I sure am gonna miss you", I said. He turned to me, and smiled. "I'm gonna miss you too, my little Lisa. And don't get nocked up by any college boys, you understand me?". We both started laughing. "I won't, dad. I only have eyes for Justin", I said. (By the way, Justin is my boyfriend). I hugged my father, and he helped me bring my baggs to my car. I said goodbye to him one last time, and drove off, with the movers right behind me. As I drove down the rode, I glanced back at the house. I saw my whole family standing in the driveway, watching me go. I smiled, and waved. Then, I kept on driving. I was finally leaving the nest. and I had finally climbed the stairway to adulthood. With the help of my family, of course.

© 2010 Kia-chan!


Author's Note

Kia-chan!
aaww...I just love stories like this....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice write! I love the fact that you write about every-day events with such enthusiasm and emotion. Your pieces always leave me with a smile on my face! :) I thought that the charcters were really strong in this story, and I particularly liked the characters Rick and Luke, as they reminded me of my own siblings! Great job,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


aww... i really liked this one its a good story

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Oh adulthood. I have a few years left until that happens to me. Great story. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwww so sad... i might cry when I have to move out of my mom's house. Very emotional nice job i love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very emotional. You pen bleeds compassion. Nice writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Cute, though there were a LOT of spelling errors. You might want to go back and fix them. But above all, wonderful :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
7 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2010

Author

Kia-chan!
Kia-chan!

Andover, MN



About
My name is Kiah. I am a teenager. I love writing, music, drawing, the internet, chinese food, tigers, kitty-cats, Fruits basket (By: Natsuki Takaya), manga, Anime, and Japan. I live with my mom, my da.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kia-chan!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kia-chan!