The Perfect Dream

The Perfect Dream

A Story by horseygirl

I never thought I’d see him in person. I always wrote down what he looked like, but it seemed as if he didn’t really exist. It happened the first time on the last day of school. I was so excited that it was finally summer that I didn’t even realize what was about to happen. It had been a long day, more like a long year, and I was relieved to be able to get into bed and not have to wake up early the next morning. I put the covers over my body and fell asleep. When I woke up, I had remembered the strangest dream. I saw those deep blue eyes staring at me and I didn’t even realize I was in my dream. I looked at him and saw his muscular figure. He was about six feet tall; well I could tell he was a few inches taller than I was. His dark brown hair is what caught my eye. Those slightly slanted waves around his face in the perfect position left me breathless. He walked as if he were proud, yet not a leader. He walked as if he were going to catch something, yet there was nothing to catch. I wanted to touch him. I walked toward him and just before I reached him, I woke up. I got my pen and paper out and wrote down the dream. For the next four weeks, I would have the same dream. My journal was getting full, so I had to get a new one. I never looked back, but I knew it was the same dream. In mid-July, I decided to take a hike by myself in the woods. I started walking down the path. I was thinking about the dream when it happened. I wasn’t really looking where I was going, so I just kept walking straight. The bad part was that I didn’t even see the split in the path. It looked like there was only one path, but if you looked to the left. There was another. I kept walking and thinking. Next thing I knew, I was about to fall off a cliff. I didn’t even get the chance to take a step back before I fell down the cliff. I thought this was the end, so I decided to close my eyes. I was about to blank out when something caught me. I opened my eyes and looked around. I wasn’t on the ground, but I wasn’t in mid-air. Then, I turned around. There, I saw that same muscular figure from in my dream. I thought that maybe I was dreaming right before my death. I looked up and saw the perfect face with the dark brown hair. I was speechless. I waited for my death to come, but it didn’t happen. At that moment, I heard a beautiful noise. It was that deep voice that made my heart stop. I realized that I was still here. He was talking, and I didn’t know how to respond. I wanted to reach up to his face and put my lips to him, but I couldn’t move. He started walking. I didn’t know where he was going, but he didn’t put me down. He walked a few moments until he sat down and put me in his lap. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a cell phone. That was when I opened my mouth. At first, no sound came out. I tried so hard and eventually it paid off. I had said the word stop. He put the phone in his pocket and looked at me. I wasn’t sure what he was doing, but he was bending down. A moment later, he was kissing me, or at least I thought he was. With all my might, I kissed him back. I didn’t know how it happened, but somehow, I managed to pass out. When I woke up, I could barely open my eyes. When I got my sight back, I saw that I was in a white room. I looked around and saw a desk with a computer. In the other corner, I saw a Television. I felt around and realized I was in a bed. It wasn’t mine, and I knew it wasn’t a hospital room. A few minutes passed, when the door opened. There, I saw him. Then, I remembered what happened. The fall. Him catching me. His lips pressing against mine. The blackness. I tried to sit up, but he ran to stop me. I knew something was missing. I had not introduced myself. I managed to choke out a “hello, my name is Callie.” He sat by my feet and looked at me. The words came out so smoothly that I couldn’t believe it was his voice. He said “hi, my name is mason.” For a long time, we stood there looking into each other’s eyes. He moved closer to my head and bent down. He had planted his lips to mines in which I kissed him back. For minutes, we kissed each other.   At that instant, we both fell in love. Later that night, he drove me home. I looked in my journal and read over my dreams. Each dream described the boy I had fallen in love with. Years passed and we fell madly in love. Luckily, we went to the same school, so we could be in the same classes. The first day of summer the next year, we were on a date. He had taken me to a beautiful beach a few miles away from home. We were walking down the beach when he got down on one knee. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a box. I never thought it would happen, but I had found the love of my life. He was every part of me and I was of his. It seemed as if we were made for each other. After college, we got married. That day would only be a new beginning to the rest of our lives.  

© 2009 horseygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really cute. You could make it a little longer though. I enjoyed. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 17, 2009

Author

horseygirl
horseygirl

Writing
Falling Falling

A Story by horseygirl