It’s Never ‘Just A Star’

It’s Never ‘Just A Star’

A Story by Hridya
"

For people who shot for the moon and landed amongst the stars and feel that all the got was ‘just a star’

"
“Shoot for the moon and even if you fall, you’ll land amongst the stars” it was a big poster in one of my flatmates room during my time in UG. I looked at it and wondered what exactly could my moon be. Cut, to some four-five years from then, I now wonder, what if we never really wanted to shoot for the moon we were looking at? What if, it was just the shine we were attracted towards? But, we somehow still convinced ourselves to reach there and, once we did, it made us see its spots too. We did not like them and wanted leave, but could not find a way better than moving all the way to the end? What do we do then? Wait for it to rotate and slip us to the point?
Anyways, let’s resolve the suspense later and first try to understand where this question comes from. And for that, we will have to go back in time.
Imagine this, I was a dreamy teenager of about 13 years old when I saw even more dreamy movie. We all know that one so, I won’t get into naming and I am sure you will know as and when I elaborate on my story, the only relevant part is that, the protagonist was a travel journalist. Now, when I watched it, I too wanted to go for the same profession. Already being inclined towards taking up Humanities in class 11th, I was convinced this was the perfect answer to ‘what will you do in future after taking up Arts?’ And I would not bother you with more details, and straight up let you know that I took up both Humanities as my main subject and Mass Media as an optional one in XI class. This, opened my eyes a little bit towards how journalism as a field works. I tried shifting my mind from that, but, when it was time for me to choose a subject for pursuing bachelors, coming back to square one, I opted for Journalism. And this is the point in the story where I was gazing at the poster with the quote about shooting at the moon wondering what could my moon be.
Now, that we are almost about to do a full circle, let me cut the chase and reach to the actual point. I had thought of dropping Journalism for the second time when I was going to pursue masters. Again, after a few conflicts, I went back to it. But, this time in the middle of the walking over the moon, I realised this one is not for me. Hence, the question ‘Should I keep walking, regardless of how tedious it looks now’ or, ‘Sit and see what happens?’ I clearly chose the former and as soon as I saw the end, without any further ado, I jumped out of it, hoping a smooth land on the stars, but, it was a hard hit by the sky. No, star seemed to have something for me, expect for one, which said, ‘change of plans.’ This one is filled with bumps and scratches but, I am happy here. Don’t ask me what is that ‘new plan’. I only know am enjoying travelling through it. It’s is not a moon but, it shines so good for me. And for all of us who either fall from the moon or jump from it, landing among the stars and feel dumb that after all this, all you get is a star. Remember, it’s a star that shows you the direction when lost, it’s a star which is known for granting your wish, the star’s dust is what we are told to be made of and hey, Sun is a star too.

© 2023 Hridya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

lovely story! the ends was just wow... really puts those into perspective who love the journey especially when they keep eye on the light even if those around us might not. People ask "but what's the destination"... well we will find out when we get there! haha thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

lovely story! the ends was just wow... really puts those into perspective who love the journey especially when they keep eye on the light even if those around us might not. People ask "but what's the destination"... well we will find out when we get there! haha thanks for sharing!

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2023
Last Updated on August 25, 2023
Tags: Shoot for the moon, Land among the stars, changing paths, it’s ok

Author

Hridya
Hridya

Gwalior , India



About
Started writing for fun, now am finding a way to make a living out of it. more..

Writing