Help Me Run

Help Me Run

A Poem by Wake Up!
"

Feel like running away often, I wrote this poem based on that.

"

I    WANT TO RUN

away so badly,

 

But I know that I                 CAN'T.

 

I feel that if I                        MOVE,

everything might pass.

 

They don't get that I                 NEED

to run away from here.

 

Can no one                                    HELP?

© 2010 Wake Up!


Author's Note

Wake Up!
Lemme know watchyu think ;D Loov ya, guys!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love how u have that 2 meaning scheme in there, so creative! love it, short and deep with meaning!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can totally relate to your poem. I have a few poems about escapism as well, and I know how it feels to wonder if you could just run away and leave it all behind; but sadly, you can't. Even if you run away, it'll all end up coming back to you, so might as well face it now. About your poem, I loved the way you put another message in it, and that you made it really obvious. This was really expressive even if it was short. This is an interesting read. Keep it up!:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I understand the feel of the poem, it is very well written. good job=)

Posted 14 Years Ago


If I had a dollar for every time I wanted to run I'd be a millionaire. Life gets difficult sometimes and all you want to do is take off, get away from it all and people usually don't understand, they think you're giving up when in reality you just need a break.

I really liked the poem and the way you formatted it, it looks like one side of the poem is staying where it's at (like you would stay in life and deal with things head on) and the other side looks like it's on the move (like you're running away from it all) just that in itself brought a lot to the piece, it gives it more imagery IMO. Anyway it was a great and creative write. Keep it up! :) 100/100

Posted 14 Years Ago


That is a very good peom in my eyes. Sometimes I feel exactly like that. I love how I can feel the need to run away in the peom. I am able to place myself in the peom and feel the need to run but am not able to. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow this was awesome! i really enjoyed this! it was very creative and well written! nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The format is like body language. I see arms flaying, hands clenched tightly, finger nails bitten off, and eyes on fire. The bold words scream in a silence that's almost overwhelming.
Really great work with this. I think this is something all of us have felt at some point. Escape is always a nice thought, but not always a nice action.
Beautiful poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 1, 2010

Author

Wake Up!
Wake Up!

Fist Pump, NJ



About
before i write anything about myself, let me make this very clear. EVERYTHING i write goes to my Pop-pop, who taught me that you dont need to make a profit to do something you love. so that is what i .. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Poem by Wake Up!


She She

A Poem by Wake Up!



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


first love first love

A Poem by LynLee


The Ladder The Ladder

A Poem by A.Lee