She's the one

She's the one

A Story by Ian A
"

How do you know if she's "the one"? This short sad love story is about a young adult finally bringing home "the one" to his parents unfortunately his parents didn't say much. Find out why!

"
"She's the one" I mumbled

As I showed my parents a picture of her I pulled out the wallet my parents gave me as a gift when I graduated college.

My parents didn't say anything after handing them flowers

"Yeah, I know. You guys always told me to choose the right woman and honestly I know she's the one that i’m going to marry one day"

My parents didn't say anything

"I know for a fact that she's the luckiest woman in world as I am the luckiest man to have her in my life. I’ve figured out that i’ve met “the one” because I feel it deep in my heart, mom and dad and I also feel it in my gut as well. We all have intuition and my intuition is telling me i’m making the right choice. Probably the wisest choice in the world"

(Randomly tapping my body as if i’m on fire) sigh*

My parents didn't say anything

I’m a bit nervous heh because I've never actually brought a woman home unless I was certain that "she was the one"

"I can't stop smiling. My cheeks hurts every time I think of her. Oh, by the way you probably saw a text message awhile back and wondered who it was from and at the time she was just my best friend. Someone you guys never met before and yeah she's not from around here as well I met her in hawaii but she's the most beautiful intelligent woman second to you mom. Haha, you know you're always be the first in my world mama and for you pops I think you’d give me a fist bump as soon as you see her..I bet you (wink)"

A bet I would certainly lose

I’m looking at my parents with a little smile as tears starts to form in my eye sockets

"Yeah, she finished school. She graduated last year by the way and she got her RN License which was probably the most busiest year of her life but yet regardless how busy she was she always stopped what she was doing and took the time to spend it with me. I've been supporting her as you were supporting mom back in your time pops. She's thoughtful, always pushes me the be greater and grander and for that I am better than I ever was. Shes all about her family which is amazing and man, she is great with kids i’ll tell you. She’ll be great mother I know for a fact and that's something I don't have to worry about. We argue sometimes I mean what couples doesn't but when we do we immediately say sorry to each other right after the small incident. Shes the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.

(tears began to flow)

Every day since the day I knew I fell in love with her shes always on my mind from first thing in the morning and the last thought before bed

(Looks at my watch as I wiped my tears away)

"Other than that, I would love to introduce you to my girlfriend soon to be wife that will be pulling up anytime soon and OH! She just got off work and she decided she wanted to bring you guys flowers as well"

Few moments later…

"Mom, Dad.. she's here. Shes amazing right? Wow, look at that! She… literally bought the same flowers I brought you guys. Haha. Well, I did tell her what kind of flowers you guys loved and I didn't think she’d remember that…"

"Anyways, mom and dad this is the woman I always talk to you guys about whenever I come visit you guys"

(Tapping my pockets and pulled out a little black box)

My parents didn't say anything

(I got down on one knee and proposed to her…)
As streams of tears ran down her cheeks.. she gladly replied ( mumbled it in joy )

“Yes”

"I know you’re the one"

( As my fiancé and I walked away from my parents gravesite the ground trembled and what do ya know my pops wanted a fist bump )

© 2017 Ian A


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was really sweet but sad, yet it still flowed very well. I was starting to become concerned but the ending was very original. I like your style of writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on December 8, 2017
Last Updated on December 8, 2017
Tags: Sad, Love, Story, Romace, Parents, Sad love story

Author

Ian A
Ian A

CA