One-sided love

One-sided love

A Story by Ibthlhal
"

Time may have hold me but it did a number to my heart

"
I thought my story was like one of those romcom having the guy you know. However let me take you the the beginning. I am just but a child when my friend introduced me to him, we became friends one thing led to another and he was my boyfriend. You would think that's the end you know I got the guy but no. Hardly a romcom because I met someone else who was older had a crush on me was not good at hiding it. .I was confused and was asked to walk away from the first guy only for fate to play a mean trick as time went by I fell for the other guy. Charles was his name yet I was in the arms of John. I could not go back because it would not be fair for Charles and what would he have thought of me, was I ready to loose him now that we were friends? I did my all after a year and a half. John and I took different paths in our life it was time for us to grow. But I did not run back into Charles arms I took time for me to heal only for resentment and hatred to grow in his heart towards me. Day in day out I tried my best to show Charles that I loved him. I changed a lot for him. I even moved on because I was to much for him. Since when was it a crime to love? That the pain was unbearable was my love not enough or was I not enough. Insults and ridicule was thrown my way. Six years down that road yet he was the only disease I knew of. I still love him it must be a joke right must be. How does one move on when they are stuck. I forgot how it felt to be beautiful, I forgot how it felt to love oneself.

I hid behind layers of make up. Moved from one guy to another to just feel like am living again. I cannot lie I made a fool out of myself I broke hearts,but not once did I stop thinking about him. Am I just obsessed with him or is it that the first time I ever loved is when I loved Charles?Am a fool right I did everything to prove I loved him I even became a laughing stoke,but I still love him I pray for him and every time I do my eyes is filled with tears. Am supposed to be in an mad facility I need help. I can not continue on like this I can not still be hoping is not fair to my poor heart. I can not say enough how sorry I was for what I did six years back and I know you were in pain but am sorry to myself that I am not strong enough to hold on more then I have. I want to love you but I lost my chance,I did my best by you and am sorry it was not enough,but I owe myself the biggest apology because I kept breaking my heart for you. A story has ended another begins, because I did my best but it was not enough I won't kill myself for a mistake that has killed me for six years. One day I will get the courage to say good bye maybe all I need is closure. I found what I have searched for the most that's love I found love in my own heart enough for you but most importantly enough for me so I can grow maybe I will find my soul mate maybe it's you but let that be the work of destiny I love you Charles but life will go on and if you are my destiny know I will love you for you.

© 2019 Ibthlhal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on August 15, 2019
Last Updated on August 15, 2019

Author

Ibthlhal
Ibthlhal

Eldoret , Uasin gishu, Kenya



About
Was born and raised in Kenya I love writing poetry feels more words can be put down than said more..

Writing
Charm Charm

A Poem by Ibthlhal


Ring Ring

A Poem by Ibthlhal