Show Me Your Past

Show Me Your Past

A Story by Icelanna
"

An entry to a contest I did a while back.

"

The door knocked three times. The handle screeched as it turned. The painted door squeaked on its hinges as it slowly opened. Nothing was there; just the dark landing stretching beyond her. The candle on the window blew itself out and rapid thumping of footsteps clambered up the stairs and across the landing. Invisible children giggled as they turned into the next room. Silence fell. The thumping heart of the girl sitting still on her bed echoed in the silence. Her breath steamed as a sound of louder, heavier footsteps banged the stairs. At the top appeared a large man, broad in height and weight, smoking a thick cigar. His twisted smile became hidden from his smoke and he turned into the same room.

    Screams quickly fell silent; the thump of a body falling shook the ground. The girl could hear the scraping of the body as bloody hands clawed pasted her doorway, the woman quivering in fright. She held her hand to her, crying with bloodshot eyes. She wailed as her body was dragged away and the demonic laughter of the killer ran the girls blood cold.

    He taunted them, pretending to play. At last he reached the bed, his feet in their faces. He pulled the bed high with one hand, throwing the witness to the floor. She opened her eyes, she lay in a different room, the walls were damp and grey, the ceiling was black with dirt. The old fashioned bad lay strewn across the floor and in the corner sat two little girls couching. He cornered them, and laughed proudly as he approached.

    The girl closed her eyes and held her ears, not wanting to witness the tragedy. The loud squealing in her mind abruptly stopped and she looked up slowly to see the same girls, faint like fog. Their rosy cheeks smiled at her, their cotton dresses flowed and they held out their hands.

    ‘We’re okay now,’ they squeaked, ‘you know.’ They faded slowly and the girl sat on her bed where she started in her bedroom frozen in disbelief. The young giggles of the girls echoed as they faded.

    The girl remained silent, shocked upon her encounter. The girl had grabbed her after terrorizing her this night and her world had faded into the world of the twins. She feared to move although she knew the young girl who had haunted her upstairs for months had reached out to her to tell her the truth of what happened on October 17th 1931. 

© 2012 Icelanna


Author's Note

Icelanna
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think I see a trend in your writing. Have your studies of psychology had a big effect on your writing? because you have a bit of a twisted style, leaning toward the mentally unstable. a frightening write, my dear, love the mystery of fading between memories.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Yes I think so, I do love things like that - I'm a big lover of anything psychological and potential.. read more
Lina Grey

11 Years Ago

I love such things as well. Much more interesting than 'normal' people :)
Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Indeed! :)



Reviews

I think I see a trend in your writing. Have your studies of psychology had a big effect on your writing? because you have a bit of a twisted style, leaning toward the mentally unstable. a frightening write, my dear, love the mystery of fading between memories.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Yes I think so, I do love things like that - I'm a big lover of anything psychological and potential.. read more
Lina Grey

11 Years Ago

I love such things as well. Much more interesting than 'normal' people :)
Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Indeed! :)
Wow. Your description was really good! Well done!
This was quite frightening!!!! O.O

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frightening.
Not for me (the reader), but for the character in your story.
You described her fright along with the horror she witnessed in ghastly detail.
Well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Icelanna

11 Years Ago

Thank you Very Much :]

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012

Author

Icelanna
Icelanna

Wales, Caerphilly, United Kingdom



About
Hi guys! Sorry, I don't come on here all that often anymore. I'm busy in university and editing my book! I'm sorry If I haven't read any of your requests. Anyway, you can read the rest of "Madelin.. more..

Writing