Driving with the windows down

Driving with the windows down

A Story by A. Idle

Get there with the windows down.

Hand out, riding the wind and chasing the sunshine as it streaks across the hay field.

Keep going.

The sun brings a new perspective to those willing to stop and stare. High angle, low angle, pure white and golden hues. Ever changing and complex.

Blind hills add a sense of adventure. Forget the speed limit; this is your time, your moment. Enjoy it and put the pedal down.

I dare you.

Don’t be afraid of what’s on the other side.

Just get there.

Oh, and stop making excuses. No more “I’ll go tomorrow,” or “Maybe next time.” You’re there now, so carpe frickin’ diem!

Take the long way home.

Not everything needs to be a competition of who can be most efficient. Greatness occurs in the spaces between your appointments. Make the experiences you want to talk about happen.

Pull over and talk to the horses.

They won’t judge you.

And who cares if they would? No equine, bovine or swine can judge if you don’t care.

Just drive.

Don’t leave troubles behind. Travel to a new adventure.

Make it.

And don’t forget; keep the windows down.

 

© 2016 A. Idle


Author's Note

A. Idle
Keep it constructive but if there are errors, please point them out. Willing to take suggestions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on June 17, 2016
Last Updated on June 17, 2016
Tags: driving, adventure, rural, Canada, southern Ontario, vignette, life, lessons, minimalist, fear

Author

A. Idle
A. Idle

Ontario, Canada



About
Amateur writer, musician and human. Spends too much time with her cats. Bizarre sense of humour. Train of thought: derailed. Enter at your own risk. more..

Writing