Adventures of Drock: Episode 5

Adventures of Drock: Episode 5

A Story by Iflybyyou

It felt great to sit in the chair of power. It was the closest thing to the dream I had back on Thurne. I was the leader of an entire revolution alongside my newest friend Lydia. I was in command of a well trained militia, and I had a super-cool suit of armor that had 125 different weapons and could withstand a heavy blaster. I was on top of the world, but I kept having to remind myself that I was doing this for the people I care about and not the power and wealth. I heard a buzz on my desk. "What is it?" I asked as I answered my buzzer. It was my most high ranked soldier, Dante, and he told me that my presence was needed in the strategy room. I headed over there as fast as possible, wondering what was going on. I walked into the room to find grave looks on the faces of my top soldiers and strategists, as well as my co-leader Lydia. "I brought you here to bring up our latest issue", Lydia began "Intelligence has been found that Mydian spies know where our hideout is." The whole room's mood went down even further as she continued. "We have located them at a camp 75 kilometers southwest, they are 200 strong, and we all know that 200 is a large number for Mydians. It's a suicide mission, and most of our brothers and sisters will die, but it's our only option if we don't want the GST imperial army storming our base. What do you think General Drock?" An idea flashed into my head, and I could tell some of my strategists could sense it, as their eyes lit up with hope. "Mydians are strong because of their rage form right?" Everyone nodded, hoping this would go somewhere. "Why don't we bomb them with a gas that takes away their ability to feel anger? That way they can't go into rage form." Lydia immediately shook her head. "That won't work, we don't even know what causes their rage." I stopped her right where she was and added, "why don't we just take a prisoner and study them? Find out what makes them angry and develop a serum in gaseous form. All we need to do is send a force to destroy their ships so they can't escape, and then we bag and tag one of them using a very high-powered restraining device." Lydia continued on with her doubt, "but how will we capture one of them without getting our task force massacred by the rest of them?" I smiled, "Don't worry I got that covered. We send a radio signal to attract a weakminded member of their force." Lydia sighed, "I guess anything is doable now, intelligence tells us they will be setting their course for Mydia after they generate the exact coordinates of our hideout entrance in 7 hours. We must do anything we can." I proceeded to assign the men their positions, and sure enough, the first part of my strategy worked. Their ships were blown up by my sneakiest men and a small group of Mydians were attracted 40 kilometers from their camp, now all we had to do was kill all but one and take our prisoner. "All clear", Dante said as the Mydians moved closer to where we were hiding in the trees. "Trap ready" I said, thinking about how exciting it was to be in my first skirmish. "Weapons ready" I aimed my weapon right for the head of the one closest to us, "fire!" The shots were fired, easily mowing down all but one Mydian, since none of them were raged. The Mydian looked down at the ground as we moved in to capture him. As expected the Mydian changed Into his rage form and picked up one of our men, slamming him into the ground with the force of a battlecruiser crash and killing him. The Mydian turned towards us, letting out a furious roar. "Weaken him with low intensity blasts" I ordered, and with that my soldiers fired on the Mydian, dropping him to his knees. "Now!" I cried, and with that, the Mydian was engulfed in Plasma and immobilized. Dante looked saddened as we prepared to head back to base. "what's wrong?" I asked, wanting to lift his spirits. "Dante looked at me and said, "The rest of this battle won't be this easy. There will be more coming, and most of our men will die." My face shifted into a frown, because I knew he was right. At this point we could only pray for God's mercy.

© 2017 Iflybyyou


Author's Note

Iflybyyou
Looking for suggestions for future episodes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on January 11, 2017
Last Updated on January 11, 2017

Author

Iflybyyou
Iflybyyou

Watertown, NY



About
after over a year of long and hard reflection, and a prompting from my best friend who recently joined, I am revisiting my writing once again. It's good to be back. I don't have any particular goals f.. more..

Writing
Inner rage Inner rage

A Poem by Iflybyyou