Adventures of Drock: Episode 8

Adventures of Drock: Episode 8

A Story by Iflybyyou

"Liar!" I screamed as I saw Lydia kissing the guy who was out to make my life miserable. I threw her to the ground, knocking over a barrel as her body rolled with the force of my throw. I turned to Jona, whose face bore a hideous smirk. "Wipe that smirk off your face you w***e-a*s son offa b***h". I screamed as I elbowed him in the jaw, knocking him to the ground. Jona was pissed, and starting to run at me, he prepared to take a wide swing. I wasn't going to be the victim anymore, so I used his momentum against him, flipping him onto his back with a judo leg move. Hate has now consumed me completely. Getting on top of his body I proceeded to hit him repeatedly. "I'M SORRY!" Lydia screamed, crying hysterically as I punched Jona in the face, beginning to make it bloody. I couldn't stop. I was completely consumed by something that wasn't part of me. Finally, after one last punch, Jona went lifeless. Realizing I just killed someone, I couldn't take it. "KILL ME GOD! F*****G KILL ME! I DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!" I cried out, furious at letting myself lose control like that. Lydia was shaking with timidity. "I didn't mean to" she sobbed. "He forced it on me" I was so overtaken by my hurt and feelings of betrayal that couldn't bear to face her. I started to tear up. "I don't ever want to see your face again" I said, my soul tormented at the words that just came out of my mouth. Everything started to fade and then I came back to the present moment. Getting my memory of Lydia back was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I was so torn between wanting her in my life and wanting her to get the hell out of it. I had to do something to calm myself down. I tried meditating, thinking about other things, everything I learned throughout my life. Nothing was working, my tortured thoughts kept returning. I knew I had to face Lydia as soon as possible and work this out with her. I started heading towards Lydia's tent, and just as I did when I first met her again on Teko, I heard her presence behind me. I turned to face her and saw her looking surprisingly calm. "You know I never meant to kiss him. It wasn't my choice. Jona did it to get on your nerves." I knew she was right, so without thinking, I hugged her tightly. "I can't believe I killed him. I'm supposed to be some sort of Chosen one, I can't be going around making stupid mistakes like that", I said. "You may be the Chosen one, but you're also human, and I always kind of liked how intense you are", Lydia said with a smile. I needed to know more about my purpose. I am the chosen one, and I could use any information that could be given. "What exactly is the chosen one supposed to do?" I asked, hoping to figure this out. Lydia began to say it, "The story of the chosen one was told to me ever since I was a baby, and I first found out you were the chosen one when I met you on Thurne. The chosen one is said to be a man who defeats a future evil militant leader in combat, not by fighting, but by forgiveness. Forgiveness is the only way this man will be stopped, and you were the only one who passed the test of forgiveness." I didn't understand. "If I am supposed to be the ultimate forgiver, then why did I lose it and kill Jona?" She replied, looking as confused as I was, "I don't know, all I know is that you passed a test that is said to test potential rather than aptitude. You have the potential to forgive even the most vile atrocities. There is certain traits the chosen one is said to possess, and those are, 'focus on the future instead of the past, Compassion, Openness to ideas, objective thinking, and high adaptability' and knowing you, you possess all those traits to a greater degree than anyone I have ever known" I then had a flash come to mind. I knew what I was and what I had to do, but couldn't express it or describe it in words. I gently kissed Lydia, thanking her for helping me face my past and find out who I truly am. Now I just have to eventually figure out how to describe what I know internally. I then felt a cryptic urge to do something I never thought was possible, and I don't know how, but I did it, Lydia's face lighting up with awe as I got to my knees and gave her the ring that was given to me by Tuka incase I changed my mind.

© 2017 Iflybyyou


Author's Note

Iflybyyou
Looking for future suggestions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on January 12, 2017
Last Updated on January 12, 2017

Author

Iflybyyou
Iflybyyou

Watertown, NY



About
after over a year of long and hard reflection, and a prompting from my best friend who recently joined, I am revisiting my writing once again. It's good to be back. I don't have any particular goals f.. more..

Writing
Inner rage Inner rage

A Poem by Iflybyyou