There is no future.

There is no future.

A Story by Igneous
"

I'm bored and started thinking about what the future is becoming and thought I would write a story about it.

"
There is only one thing I fear, the future. The future is always coming, but never arrives. The future is something you'll never experience, but never escape. There is only one who can change the future, the people on top. Perhaps I don't fear the future itself, but how they change it. 

Perhaps my only fear is,my own kind.

Year 2987

It all happened so fast, too fast. I always saw it coming, but never wanted to except it. I always told myself that everything will turn out okay in the end, it's going to be fine, but oh, how I was wrong. Now the place I once called home was in ruins. Dust rose from the ground were the grass used to grow. I stumbled over the remaining debris from old houses and structures. There was no color anymore, only shades of grey, white, black, and browns. Nothing was to be heard, but silence it's self. It wasn't always like this...

It all started of when humans started becoming lazier, and lazier. They're always looking for ways to make their life more easier. They started to create things like robots, and personal assistants. Robots started taking over jobs, because humans are not perfect and will always make mistakes, on the other hand robots can be programmed to do the job perfectly. This all seemed great to the normal person, but it was just a method of control, and slavery. With all these artificial artificial-intelligence's doing all the work left humans with absolutely nothing to do at all. No work, no jobs, nothing. The government soon noticed this, and advised a plan. They made it so each and every person would get the same amount of money everyday, and would get the same house same car, same everything. Just imagine, not being able to do anything at all, everything is done for you. Imagine walking outside to see humanoids sharing the street with you. It just wasn't right. Eventually humans went crazy and let themselves go. Well, almost all of them. The ones on top, the ones who control survived, but they won't last long. 
 

© 2016 Igneous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is Chapter 1 by the way. (I forgot to add that in.)

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Added on July 29, 2016
Last Updated on July 29, 2016
Tags: future, science fiction, robots

Author

Igneous
Igneous

Canada



About
My name is Michelle, I'm 13 and I'm really bored, so I'm going to start writing stories. Hope you like them. (^-^) You can also check out my art on deviant art. Here's da link~ http://enderwolf.. more..