From Sand To Glass

From Sand To Glass

A Poem by Iheartrdj
"

Life sometimes is too difficult

"
I honestly feel like my life is slipping, like tiny grains of sand through my fingers, and showering down on my feet like shards of glass. The problem is I don't know how to stop the sand from slipping away, or how to move my feet from the path of the glass. I’m so ready to throw it all away. So ready to give up, yet just as ready to leave everything behind and start anew. Isn’t it funny how I have two strong desires that are mirror opposites of one another? One is so simple and easy and inevitably bad for my everything. I want to just give up but I’m terrified to. Terrified of being stuck here. Forever. The latter option is so very difficult and totally different but would be the best thing for me in the end. Yet I’m terrified to leave everything behind me temporary as it may be. So here I am, stuck walking up a down escalator. Riding a stationary bike. Watching the sand slip away and turn to slivers of glass against my bare feet. Too afraid to move even though I must and someday soon will.

© 2013 Iheartrdj


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on February 23, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2013
Tags: sand, life, hurt, confusion, adolesence

Author

Iheartrdj
Iheartrdj

Central, MN



About
I write to escape and write to live lives i know i never really can. It may not be award winning but its me. I'm Chelsey. I will one day Marry Robert Downey Jr more..

Writing
Cigarette Cigarette

A Poem by Iheartrdj


Addiction Addiction

A Poem by Iheartrdj