The Story of Hafen- Prologue

The Story of Hafen- Prologue

A Story by Ilerah
"

A duke of the island Hafen is telling and amazing story of how he came to this position, and how he came to the island and its troubles at the time.

"

Prologue  

      The duke smiled as the boy entered the room. The curly blond hair was wet from the rain of the storm, and the leather cloak was dripping on the ground.

      The duke waved the boy to the wooden chair beside him. The boy hesitated when the wood creaked under his feet, finally he sat down. A long silence began, so the boy shook his head to get the rain out of his hair. The table between them had seen many years of use along with the old house it was in. The roof was leaking and the walls shook under the howls of the wind.

      “I was wondering when you would show up.” the duke began.

      “I…I…I had some… chores to do.” the boy answered.

      The shaking of the boy bothered the duke, and the blanket he was wearing was not needed. Taking it of he handed it to the boy who had no second thoughts about taking it. The shivering of the boy slowly went away while the silence grew longer.

      The rain dripped slowly as it went through the roof and into the cups on the ground. The duke got up and went over to a full cup, taking it to the window and throwing the water outside. After putting it back he sat down on his chair. The boy flinched as the chair creaked under the weight of the man.

      “Can you tell me what happened?” the boy asked.

      “It is a long story, do you have the ti…”

     “Yes I do have the time,” the boy began, “Sorry, hum… yes sir I do have the time.”

      “There is no need to call me sir we are more friends than anything.”

      The boy scratched his head as he thought about it, “ok.”

      “Yes it is time to tell you; after all I promised you that I would. But you must remember that I was just a young man, and not a duke at all, and that this land was much different, very much different.”

      “Very much, that’s not right, it’s much again not very… I think.” corrected the boy.   

      “Your mother has taught you well, you are correct, and I was wrong. Anyways it was a nice day, a type of day that most are very happy on, and at the time so was I.”


© 2015 Ilerah


Author's Note

Ilerah
Ignore the fact that there are no spaces inbetween the paragraphes, and correct andy other mistakes you find. But above all, please give me positive comments

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on May 8, 2014
Last Updated on March 7, 2015

Author

Ilerah
Ilerah

Alberta, Canada



About
Like writing both poems, and stories. Manly fantasy, but I like a mix. more..

Writing