Chapter 1: The Trip- The beginning

Chapter 1: The Trip- The beginning

A Story by Ilerah
"

Continuing from my first have the prologue... this is the first part of chapter 1 of a book i am writing.

"

      The sun rose over the ocean to signal the rooster to give the morning call. Slowly the citizens of Brendomin rose to their feet, making breakfast and doing chores. One of these citizens who were slow to get up was a teenager with brown curly hair down to his shoulders. Each morning he got up at dawn, made his bed the way his mother had taught him; go down stairs to have breakfast.

      Breakfast everyday was porridge his mother had said it was the easiest to make and was good for energy. Afterwards this new energy his mother said it gave him would help with his chores. Not farm chores or anything of the sort. For the Geddy family lived in a busy city. He had chores such as fixing the roof, painting the house, fixing or painting the fence, tending to the garden, and getting food from the market, which was today. Today on every Saturday he would go to the market and get food for the family. 

© 2015 Ilerah


Author's Note

Ilerah
Please help me become better at writing fantasy, especially grammar, and description.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice work here. A little short cause I was expecting to read more. But its a nice beginning. At the start it really does seem like he's living on a farm.
great job. Keep up the good work. Stay inspired.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ilerah

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I posted this a while ago, and then decided to make the rest of my postings bigger.
This was a nice snippet of your character's life. A lot more by way of description and his thought process would not go amiss and I definitely advise you to keep an eye open for runons, but there's definitely potential

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ilerah

10 Years Ago

Thanks, i am kinda young, and new at this. It was very helpful.
Ilerah

10 Years Ago

Oh and pls look at the one part before this that i posted, and please help me there too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 6, 2015

Author

Ilerah
Ilerah

Alberta, Canada



About
Like writing both poems, and stories. Manly fantasy, but I like a mix. more..

Writing