Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Grim

The Grim

A Story by Imagination-mage
"

Lucy should've left her alone, she should've continued with her own life, she shouldn't have dug so deep

"

Lucy forced the school doors open as she desperately tried finding a place to hide. Her feet moved on their own, bolting from place and inside the abandoned high school building. The roaring sound of a motorcycle kept her running, never letting her stop, her jeans torn and red sweater basically hanging on her body. She took a chance and turned her head only to see the glass doors shatter as a motorcycle came flying in, a rider wearing a yellow and blue helmet with cat ears on top wearing all black came in making Lucy grit her teeth, nearly having her vision blur as she quickly turned a corner, down the hallway. The hallway walls were covered with lockers, all locker doors opening and one slamming into her face causing her to fall backwards and on her back, her world spinning and soon stopping when the roaring returned to her ears. She rolled over, still on the floor, her whole body trembling as she looked down the halls. Her eyes widened in fear, sweat rolling down her face as she quickly go up, her legs still shaking and running down the hall, nearly tripping but able to pick herself up. Lucy quickly turned, her back pressed to the wall as the motorcycle faded away.

                Lucy suddenly slid to the floor, breathing heavily and shaking all over. She suddenly felt something drip onto her hand. Lucy looked down at her shaking hands and saw small speckles of blood on her hand. She brought her pale hand to her face, feeling her nose and realizing she had a nose bleed. She looked around the corner, knowing the biker would soon return and went inside one of the classrooms. She closed the door softly, not even allowing a creak to be heard as she went for the teacher’s desk. She found tissues, sitting under the desk and putting the tissues to her nose as she tried making the nose bleed stop. She was still on high alert as she trembled violently.

How’d this even happen? Lucy thought, too afraid to speak.

She quickly peeked over the desk, making sure she was still alone and commenced hiding. The memory of her little slip up came rushing to her mind as she absentmindedly went into her pocket. She pulled out a cell phone, the Grims, and looked at the many phone straps attached to it. One, a small Jack-o-Lantern, the second a small weapon, a pistol and last the kanji for death. For some odd reason when Lucy had obtained this item, the Grim had wanted her dead after reading one simple text message.

I remember now… Lucy said, tucking the phone back in her pocket. It all happened last week…..

 

~ Flashback~

 

                Lucy remember the sun, beating down on her already sun kissed skin, a beer sitting beside her as she and her close friend Macy laid sitting on the beach sun tanning.

                “Whelp summers coming up!” Macy said happily, she turned over so her back was facing the sun. Lucy copied Macy, wanting to even out too.

                “Yeah what’re you gonna do?” Lucy asked.

                “Nothing much.” Macy said till she was cut off by the sound of a roaring motorcycle. The two turned seeing the most dangerous human racing up the mountain on their jet black motorcycle, wearing all black and an unusual cat like helmet. Lucy watched in aw as the biker passed, their motorcycle looking like a black horse racing up the hill with its rider.

                “You’re still interested in that freak?” Macy asked, breaking through her thoughts.

                “He or She is interesting.” Lucy said ignoring her friends mocking stair, taking a big gulp of her beer.

                “Well first of all, it’s a she and second of all you’re into a killer!” Macy said, shaking Lucy, causing her to drop her drink, causing it to splatter everywhere. Lucy glared at her and said “So what.”

                “So, you could get killed if you learn too much about her.” Macy warned. “You gotta be careful.”

                “But don’t you ever wonder what lies beneath her helmet?” Lucy asked, turning back to get another glimpse but only realizing the biker had disappeared. Lucy sat up, gazing at the ocean before her.

                “No, I’ve never wondered. I like staying alive!” Macy said but seeing Lucy’s determined stare soon made her give up. She sat up with Lucy and said “Hey, I got something to tell you.”

                “What?” Lucy asked, rather annoyed.

                “I heard from Marcie, who heard from Darcie, who heard from Luis, who talked about it with Tim, who argued with that guy couple Lim and Richie, who talked with Darla who actually heard from a witness from a hobo name Charlie that know a source of all information on the Grim.” Macy said, getting Lucy’s full attention.

                “Really?!” Lucy asked. “Tell me oh please tell me!”

Macy looked around to make sure no one was watching, closing into Lucy until her mouth was against her ear and whispered “Her cell phone…”

                “What, I didn’t even know she had a cell.” Lucy said.

                “Well if you’re close enough, you’ll be able to see three charms hanging out from her pocket, a Jack-o-lantern, a pistol and a piece of Chinese writing on the phone. Apparently it’s like her life and she never leaves it.” Macy said mysteriously.

Lucy looked like she was in deep thought, her long blond hair blowing in the breeze as she watched the white fluffy clouds roll by.

                “Now don’t do anything stupid.” Macy said and returned to lying down on her towel.

                “…Don’t worry…” Lucy said mischievously and lay down besides her.

 

~ Flashback End~

 

                Lucy felt tears spill on her hand as the memory disappeared. She had basically stalked the Grim and finally came in contact with her phone. What she saw completely blew her mind, all secrets about the biker just on this small device. She was of course thrilled that all her questions were answered but horrible trials happened. First, she was nearly hit by a passing biker gang but saved by her friend Macy. The next day, Macy was killed, sliced to death and her misshapen body outside her front door with blood and all. A few days later, her dog Lucky was gutted, all his organs dangling outside her window and his blood wiped across the glass of her window. The last was the worst off all, her little brother. Sweet little Andy was murdered and she was there to witness it. His screams haunted her mind, leaving her with no sleep and images of the Grim appearing in her room watching her. She would constantly pull her hair, screaming, not coming outside and even running away. She always tried getting rid of the phone but it always returned, seeming to bring a river of blood and mourning souls with it. Lucy found herself going insane as the days went by. The Biker soon cornered her one day and said it’s time….

                For three days Lucy had been running, shocked every minute that she was still alive. She was suddenly brought back when she heard the sound of the door knob turning, folding her breath as she heard the sound of footsteps enter the room. She quietly crawled to the drawers of the teacher’s desk, risking a peak as she spotted the Grim towering over her with a raised scythe in her hands. As she brought down the blade, Lucy frantically dodged the slice, getting up with the Grim following wildly swinging her scythe. The desks in the classroom were sliced away like leaves, the windows glasses shattering and the sound of Lucy’s screams echoing in the room. The Grim was fast, aiming for Lucy’s head. The Grim stuck the handle of the scythe into the floor, using it for support and twirling in the air, kicking Lucy in the ribs and causing her to skid on the floor, knocking chairs from her path and colliding with the wall. Lucy coughed as she tried forcing herself up. A shadow soon loomed over her, Lucy looking up at the Grim fearfully.

See what happens when you go too deep? The Grim asked, her foot on Lucy’s side and keeping her pinned to the corner.

                “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Lucy sobbed. “I didn’t think that you’d be-”

She found the blackened scythe blade at her throat, the Grim warning her to stay quiet. The scythe slowly grazed her cheek, her blood forming on the blade.

It’s too late for an apology. The Grim said, wiping the small streak of blood from the blade. You should’ve returned my phone when I killed your friend…Even the death of your little brother couldn’t bring you to return it.

                “I did try to return it!” Lucy defended.

No you tried getting rid of it! The Grim said angrily. That thing is my very LIFE if you haven’t noticed. Messing with me is a death wish for you and everyone around you!  

Lucy trembled violently, slowly picking herself up as the scythe was distancing from her. Her hand gingerly brushed against a large piece of glass, she quickly grabbed for it and hid it in her tattered red sweatshirt. The Grim turned away from her, her dark gloved hand reaching for her helmet.

Because of you…I wasn’t able to find it… The Grim said sadly.

                “Wha-what was it you needed to find?” Lucy asked. “That was the only thing your phone didn’t tell me…”

Lucy was now on her feet, the adrenaline was beginning to wear off so she wanted to make up for it. The Grim was looking away from her, her back facing her. Lucy went closer to her, her steps echoing through the empty classroom.

What I was looking for…You wouldn’t believe me…. The Grim said, her grip tightening on the helmet. Lucy soon saw her chance when she saw The Grims grip on her scythe loosen. Lucy charged, arming herself with the large shard of glass. Everything seemed to be happening so quickly, Lucy ready to jab the Grim with the glass and the Grim looking like she would just stand there. Suddenly, the Grim ripped off her helmet making Lucy stop in place in sheer horror. Standing before Lucy, was a headless woman. Lucy’s whole body trembled soon going to her knees.

My head….I’m looking for my head…. The Grim said playfully. The grip on her scythe tightened, lifting her scythe in the air and bringing the blade down on Lucy’s neck. Lucy didn’t scream she didn’t fight. She just sat there, her body soon collapsing with her head rolling to the Grims feet. The Grim placed her scythe next to her; she kneeled down in front of Lucy’s head and picked it up examining it. She placed the head on her decapitated neck, a white line forming around connecting the head with her neck. The Biker made Lucy’s eyes blink, popping her neck until she grew accustom to the new head.

It’s not mine…but it’ll do… The Grim said, taking the blade of her scythe and cutting the long blond hair that used to be Lucy’s. She placed the helmet back on her head, walking towards Lucy’s headless body, digging through her pocket till she retrieved her phone. Placing the phone in her pocket, the Grim left the school where her motorcycle waited for her and hopped on, shooting out of place and into the night. 

© 2011 Imagination-mage


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i think that you should get an A at least... unless you have a teach like mine was... then that's just tough luck

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was an English story i had to write for class. i still haven't gotten my grade yet but i hope i get at least a B+

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 30, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2011

Author

Imagination-mage
Imagination-mage

Suna, AZ



About
I'm a young mage who enjoys creating adventure, romance, horror (if i can) and sometimes a good angst. i do hope you can enjoy the stories i create, everyone enjoy! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Imagination-mage