Days in Hell

Days in Hell

A Story by John Ryan

Stupid. Freak. Punk. Loser. Gay. Dumb A*s. Retard.

These words reverberate in my head while drudging home after another normal day at school.

F****t. Idiot. 
Alone.

My Mom`s "New School, New You" plan didn't work as I told her a million times.

But of course she didn't listen.

No one ever listens to me.
Because I`m different.

Because I`m
A Failure. Obnoxious. Quiet. A Loner. Atheist. Liberal. Emo. Lanky.

My name is Conner, and this is my life. 
My name is Conner, and no one will miss me.

I walk through the halls, late again.
No one even noticed. My excuse was that I forgot my math homework, I haven`t used that one in a while.
I`m usually late for 1st period on Mondays, that way I can avoid having my face plunged into a toilet by him. His name is Jacob, and he is my Superior, as he likes to make me say. 
He is the bane of my existence.
He is my "bully". 

His excuse is, "I`m only jokin'" to any who asks.
I do his homework, pay for his food, take his punches, normally to the stomach and back. But if I forget the homework, then "I go to the ocean". He makes me take my clothes off so when I get home they will be dry. And my excuse is "hard day at gym class" for when my mom asks.

I don`t know if my mom cares, or even knows. 
And speaking of my mom, I have to tell Jacob about how much I hate her, and I have to joke about my Dad`s death. These are the worst days for me.

Until One Day.

I walk into class. I see Him. 
I snap. I break away. 
I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
All my pain, all my suffering, for him.
Dissipated in two loud bangs.

He was the bane of my existence.
But now, He and I are in better places.

© 2015 John Ryan


Author's Note

John Ryan
Please don`t sugar coat what you think please. I only want what you honestly feel about the writing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I get really sad emotions from this. Pain and suffering should not happen to any of us but it does, this makes us suicidal at times and I love that you portrayed that. I also liked that you put on something that is happening now school shooting. I just wish this kind of stuff didn't happen its so sad and hard for me to talk about or write about so bravo for doing just that. One thing though please try to make something more full of life, something happy or just something mildly sad. I am not a big fan of depressing things it makes me sad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Love it. So much emotion, I can feel the pain. Again love it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I get really sad emotions from this. Pain and suffering should not happen to any of us but it does, this makes us suicidal at times and I love that you portrayed that. I also liked that you put on something that is happening now school shooting. I just wish this kind of stuff didn't happen its so sad and hard for me to talk about or write about so bravo for doing just that. One thing though please try to make something more full of life, something happy or just something mildly sad. I am not a big fan of depressing things it makes me sad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is beyond powerful. I absolutely love it. It has raw emotions, in a nondestructive way. It's beautiful!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Deep feelings. He finally decided to end it at the end. Some people give up because it gets that bad. Your home life and school life are miserable. You have no where to run. You can't escape the noise, so you become rebellious.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I was never bullied this bad, but I've definitely had inner monologues similar to what this character has went through. Nice story, liked the format, it definitely added to the flow.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

John Ryan

10 Years Ago

Thank you sir. I really appreciate it.
Oh ouch! This is raw brother. I normally want to separate a writer from their work and realize they are all just characters, but this makes me want to just hug whoever wrote it and assure them I love gay, emo, liberals. I do actually, just sayin'. :) In the beginning it reminded me of high school where I would just hide in the bathroom before class and do shots so I could face math class. I loved the line " he is my superior" because only scared little boys act this way, those who feel superior to no one, so... great line. The end is honest and scary and frighteningly sad. I'm glad I am reading this on cyber paper and not in the paper. All this to say, well done! Taken as a work of fiction this is a beautifully described and penned description of real emotion, down to the making him take off his clothes and what he would tell his mother. The fact that I want to call 911 means you accomplished your goal here I'm guessing. Really good!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kristina Moulaison

10 Years Ago

You told me to be honest. :) I promise no swat teams will be sent to surround you...imminently. Yo.. read more
John Ryan

10 Years Ago

ha ha ha. Thats 14 more than i need!
Kristina Moulaison

10 Years Ago

Excellent, armed and you have your bug out bag at the ready. I'm so encouraged!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 13, 2015
Tags: Bullying, Fiction, Short Story, School Shooting, Sucide

Author

John Ryan
John Ryan

Shreveport, LA



About
I am an author from Shreveport La. USA more..

Writing