To Ode

To Ode

A Poem by Immortal Beloved
"

to my green lantern never forget why you matter to me

"

It’s been a while since I got into this funk that royally raped me this severely.

 

I thought being in love wasn’t supposed to hurt me like this.

 

Guess it’s my fault for falling in love and letting my guard down, but s**t it was worth it.

 

After all what’s love for anyway?

 

Thought love was about honesty, caring, and undying love not to mention respect for each other, guess Cupid got a bad bow maker then huh?

 

I suppose I should’ve known it was too good to be true when we first kissed but no m**********r, I was blinded by naw I was smitten with her.

 

To see her tears shed over outside forces breaking her down so much that her security blanket was my being in my arms so in love and safe from anything and everything.

 

I thought and I knew time stood still when true love actually occurred and, I’ll be goddamned if it didn’t for us.

 

No joke m**********r when we cuddled on the porch and kissed and I could look into her eyes and see the blue of them I knew she loved me truly and deeply and when it came time to part ways they’d change to blue/grey.

 

But there was always tomorrow for us…

 

I never knew that it would take one kiss, one look, one touch for her to break my walls down like she did.

 

But she did it anyway.

 

And I never thought that after building them up so high and reinforcing them over the years that one little phrase would crumble my defenses.

 

“I love you Kevin brewer”

 

Rapper’s Delight OG cut said it best “At the age of three it was you and me”

 

And the phrase I uttered to her letting her know I really truly loved her:

 

“You know what I see when I look into those sexy beautiful eyes?”

 

“What?”

 

“Me I can look straight into your eyes and see my reflection and you can see yours when you look into mine”

And the phrase I spoke to show how much I cared for her:

 

“You’re my Green Lantern you know that?”

 

“Ha how is that?”

 

“Because when Hal Jordan went ape s**t and killed a whole bunch people in the end his friends still stood by him and that’s what I see when I look at you. You’re my Green Lantern”

 

“You’re so cute”

 

And we kissed.

 

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt I could go through every intimate detail of it all but I’m respectful to what we had.

 

That’s because I’m a man not a little boy looking for a thrill ride at Six Flags.

 

The tears shed from both of us over us and her parents it could fill a ocean of sorrow.

 

But it was that Friday night that I truly broke down and cried so f*****g hard and told her how much I really and I mean really loved her with all my heart that I knew I had to say it between the sobs and hugging that we were meant to be.

 

At least that’s what I thought but I guess some things aren’t to be taken at face value.

 

I love you morgan kincaid and maybe someday somewhere we’ll be together.

 

But that’s a story for another time……..  

 

© 2009 Immortal Beloved


Author's Note

Immortal Beloved
morgan my latest breakup and still it hurts.....two days removed from our 2 week love affair

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life is full of lessons and love is at the top of the list....You siad it best when you revealed you were a man not a little boy....hold on to that through....you will heal and someday you will cross paths again....so true it's a story for another time...love ya son.....Novy

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is great. i really enjoyed this. daedal word choice. could you please read this story and tell me what you think http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/zzjordan89zz/450998/

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2009

Author

Immortal Beloved
Immortal Beloved

Manchester, MD



About
My heroes are males and females who report that they were raped no matter how long ago it was you are my true heroes no matter what people say YOU guys are the true heroes!!! and you got my respect 10.. more..

Writing