5 Types Of Woods Used To Make Solid Wood Furniture

5 Types Of Woods Used To Make Solid Wood Furniture

A Story by IndianArt Furnitures Pvt. Ltd.
"

Solid wood furniture is designed to last as they are extremely durable, are able to withstand wear and tear that comes with daily use.

"

When buying furniture, you have to consider the type of wood that has been used to make it so that you ensure that you are getting good quality stuff. Solid wood furniture is designed to last as they are extremely durable, are able to withstand wear and tear that comes with daily use. They are the best furniture because they require minimal maintenance. The type of wood matters and there are various types of high-quality woods that are used to make furniture and the best 5 types of wood around the globe include:

Oak Wood:

This is a popular hardwood that is used to make most of the furniture found in the kitchen, the floors, and cabinets. The white oak is green while red oak has a red or pink tinge, but both take different colors or stains very well. It is more costly than other hardwoods because it is known to be hard, durable and beautiful. The tan color comes from fuming white oak and it attains a beautiful yellow color over time which adds to its beauty.

Oakwood comes from oak trees which are native to North America, but also found other parts of the world that are extremely cold. They can be found in the Himalayas, China, most parts of South America and Europe. Oak trees grow very well in hot, humid climates and they do thrive in any kind of soil condition and they grow approximately 80 feet wide and 80 meters tall. Any type of weather doesn’t affect its quality, hence being the best to make outdoor furniture.

Cherry Wood:

This is also a hardwood that is strong, built to last and has a smooth texture. It has cherry stains that have a warm red hue which darkens as the wood age and they complement most woods used to make other furniture. A single cherry wood board can have grain contrast where the darker grain is close to the center of the tree while the lighter grain is close to the bark of the tree. It is popularly grown in Europe, United States, and Asia and it grows to a height of 15 to 20 meters. It is good for furniture because it is weather resistant, hence not affected by any type of weather.

Maple Wood:

Also a hardwood and its heavier and durable than most woods. It is mostly used for bedroom furniture and floors because of its strength. It is resistant to moisture, has a long lifespan and has been used since early 1900 are to make American furniture and highly collectible antiques. It has a natural pale color like birch and ash woods and it easily accepts any type of paint or stain because of its smooth texture. They are weather resistant, hence it will not be affected by moisture.

You can get maple trees in Asia, Europe, and North America and they grow best in the cold weather of at least 34 degrees Fahrenheit.

Mahogany Wood:

This is another expensive hardwood that varies in color ranging from medium brown to deep red brown depending on its age. It is a popular wood that has been used for a long time and it is a common choice for use with veneers.

Mahogany can be found in Mexico, southern Amazonian of Brazil, southern Florida, west indies and west Africa and it grows to a height 150 meters and 6 ft in diameter. It is a weather resistant wood and it resists wood rot, so it can make boats.

Pinewood:

This is softwood which is light in weight and durable. Furniture made from this type of wood is easy to move and lift. Pine wood needs a sealant before applying paint or a primer before painting so as to achieve a beautiful finish. It is more popular because it is inexpensive.

Pine wood is found in South Eastern Europe and can grow to a height of 25 to 40 meters depending on location. When it comes into contact with moisture or earth it stains the wood through fungal infection.

If you are looking to buy high-quality Indian wood furniture then visit IndianArt Furnitures. This is a wholesale furniture shop where they sell wooden furniture and products of various forms, sizes, shape and finishes.

Author Bio (Promotional Content) -

Author is the Director of overseas Business for the IndianArt Furnitures Pvt Ltd. Having expertise in wooden furniture business he possesses a good knowledge about different woods and wooden furniture.

He runs , a website for wholesale furniture that exhibits the company business of furniture wholesale. IndianArt Furnitures Pvt Ltd. manufactures and exports wooden furniture to USA, UK and Australia. The website displays different poducts available for wholesale i.e. wooden sofa, wooden tables, wooden chairs, wooden bed, bedroom furniture, solid wood furniture and much more.

© 2017 IndianArt Furnitures Pvt. Ltd.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on February 15, 2017
Last Updated on February 15, 2017
Tags: furniture, wood furniture, indian furniture, bed, sofa, wholesale furniture, solid wood furniture

Author

IndianArt Furnitures Pvt. Ltd.
IndianArt Furnitures Pvt. Ltd.

Jaipur, SP1-2315, Ramchandrapura Industrial Area, Sitapura Extension, Jaipur, 303905, India



About
IndianArt Furnitures Pvt. Ltd. was established in the year 1981, which today has become one of the major export houses of ergonomically designed furniture made from wood procured from legally managed .. more..