A pure bloodline

A pure bloodline

A Story by Ian James

     Humans, they are sick and dying breed. This isn't the story of their salvation, this is the story of our salvation. You see humans have hunted my kind to the brink of extinction, who are we? The humans know us as monsters, earlier humans knew us as Werewolves, and Lycan's. 
     In the early 23rd century man has become sick, but not with some mysterious unknown virus, but rather with something more common. For years their best and brightest scientist's worked to find "A cure", but what they found was much for frightening, they had found that their genes have begun to deteriorate. Immune function, fertility, even basic things such as mobility. For those who have yet to come to such a fate have moved to their own save havens, bio-domes what they called "Clean cities".
     You see the humans have expanded their gene pool as far as it can go, creative as they were they could not stop the decay in their own bodies. Until they once again came upon us, in midevil times we were hunted like animals for extermination. Now the hunt us to pit us into their labor camps. These camps were made for the sole fact that we can survive outside the domes. The other reason they hunt us is to experiment on us, they are trying to find a way to combine our genes with their own. They hope that our ever changing DNA can re-enforce their failing genes.
     No this isn't the story of the humans salvation, this is my story. My name is Sebastian 401-119, I grew up working at the Delta power plant, just outside whats used to be Down town L.A. You see there are three basic jobs they assign us, one you can work in the power plants, two you can work in the air and water sanitation, or you can Dome care and construction. My mother she works in the sanitation plant along side my two little sisters. My mothers name is Isabel 401-348, my little sisters names are Samantha 401-218, and Nichole 401-230. Our father was taken decades ago they told us he wouldn't regress after the last full moon, but we all know that he was take to the Alpha labs. It seems the only time humans leave the safety of their domes os to collect us.
     It was rare for the humans leave the safety of their domes, but when they do the use what we call bio-suits. These are what their military force's use these suits for, these suits were like a miniature bio-dome, with the exception that their bullet proof, flame resistant, and basically made them invincible. Why didn't all humans wear these suits I wondered, well if it wasn't for the hand full of humans that sympathized with us. Well they didn't really sympathize with us, but more or less understood us, and the reason for this was they were the under ground. They were the crime lords of the human world.

© 2013 Ian James


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on March 25, 2013
Last Updated on March 26, 2013

Author

Ian James
Ian James

Koostatak, Canada



About
I'm just a small town kimda guy, I write what I can remember from what I see in my dreams. For the most part what is see is pretty interesting more..