The art of loving

The art of loving

A Story by Indulgia
"

Just thoughts on what it is to love in an artful way.

"
And then there were two. And nobody else existed. It was tender, passionate and loving. But why is it that most relationships devolve into a less meaningful and true lovingness after a certain time? And why are women made to believe that they demand the impossible when all they want is to still be cherished and appreciated months and years into the relationship the same way they were at the start of it?

The art of loving. The beauty of seeing your initial infatuation blossom into a saturated, deep passion for that human being. Pouring love and tenderness onto the object of your affection, giving even more greedily than receiving, getting a beautiful high from the perfection of it all. And then elatedly coming back for more because every time feels more magical than the one before. Surrendering to the danger of loving, feeling deliciously imprisoned and gloriously liberated at the same time. Putting them on an unrealistic pedestal because that is what humans are meant for, to love and be loved.


And then painfully realising, gradually, that you were up there alone. That this person loves you but not the way you want to be loved. Seeing that they are not an artist in this exquisite art of love, just someone who takes pleasure in the thought of it. Trying to comprehend how someone wouldn't know a love-art masterpiece if it kissed them on the mouth.


And then you say goodbye. Goodbye my friend, it was lovely making art with you. The creations that I made, I will take them with me. Until I find another true artist. Who is just as addicted and proficient at it as me.

© 2012 Indulgia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
"The creations that I made, I will take them with me." This is a pretty searing look at the loneliness of love -- is love more about the self demanding a certain relationship, or is about the uncertainty of becoming a dyad? This piece contains powerful thoughts for those inclined to think in this way. The monologue/explanatory style also works well. I look forward to reading more.

Welcome to Writers Cafe.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
"The creations that I made, I will take them with me." This is a pretty searing look at the loneliness of love -- is love more about the self demanding a certain relationship, or is about the uncertainty of becoming a dyad? This piece contains powerful thoughts for those inclined to think in this way. The monologue/explanatory style also works well. I look forward to reading more.

Welcome to Writers Cafe.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on September 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012

Author

Indulgia
Indulgia

London, United Kingdom



Writing
Phobia Phobia

A Poem by Indulgia