Michael's day.

Michael's day.

A Poem by Daniel Inger
"

Love while alone.

"
     Side to side is up and down because it's Michael's day, and it will be for a while.
     The day light and the motions of the universe change with my mood as an irresistible urge, while I sit at an open door in a green smoky place where the stars sparkle like diamonds. Next me and my invisible friend will take a shower. We'll blow our noses down the drain, scrape callouses off the soles of our feet, and towel off.
     Then we'll wait for a new sun, a sun without an ego, that will burn away our confusion and simplify our lives forever.

© 2014 Daniel Inger


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a beautiful vision. It doesn't get any better than that. To go with the body's imperfections as well, I agree is a nice thing for the other person to understand, I mean the "callouses off the soles of the feet," because those are so gross and one must wash one's feet and cherish the body as much as possible which not making that the only aspect of one's life.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is my favorite poem so far. I keep being fascinated with it's corners.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 23, 2014

Author

Daniel Inger
Daniel Inger

Suffern, NY



About
I enjoy writing to keep myself current in my life. I like getting the wording to delight my heart. more..

Writing