Lion and Lamb

Lion and Lamb

A by Ingie the Blue
"

Gosh I just made one of the biggest mistakes.................UGH!

"

The sun in the middle of the sky, I knew I couldn't feel it's warmth because it was from you. So whenever I was cold I thought of you.  It helped heal my beaten, cold  heart. I began to ponder the idea of us. Yes,  it worked, I saw happiness. You recited the most beautiful words to me that day. For once, I was sure I found a hero in my story. When I uttered the words on my mind  the very next day your smile became a look of confusion and astonishment. You joined hands with your beloved princess...once more. "I still love you", is what you said, what a masochist I was to take it and smile. I tried so hard to smile. It was like trying to fit  a shoe that was three sizes too small.  It didn't look like a smile because I got your warm embrace and an apology. Out of embarassment...I died. Out of heart break, I suffered, but worst of all: I lost the comfort of being the prince and servant girl.

Prince felt bad, prince tried making me feel better. "No Prince, I have no feelings" I said. "I have no heart, I feel no love". The saddest part was that I wasn't lying. How I wished to tell him..that it was impossible to hurt me; to make me cry. I was stuck in my past, stuck in the moment my first love had perished.  I would have to cross the forbidden veil to see him again. No mortal could pass it. At one point, I would've taken my life to see his sparkling eyes; I would've crossed the veil for him. Yet I saw hope, It took a year of contemplating. I was sure I was going to move on...

So now looking at the Prince's sympathetic countenance, I shudder. I shiver, I quiver, I hyperventilate. My stomach tied in 2 million knots and my eyes stared straight ahead. He held my hand, he tried to get a response, anything. I said, "Don't worry...You are my best friend Prince, you could never hurt me" His eyes filled with horror and pain,he dropped the subject and walked me to my servant's quarters. "Yes", he said, "the best of Friends, forever."

 

© 2008 Ingie the Blue


Author's Note

Ingie the Blue
ignore grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJW
Fix grammar problems?

Your written work should be your absolute pride and joy, presented with pride, unblemished.

Kinda like my brother's antique car collection; unscratched and shiny. :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2008

Author

Ingie the Blue
Ingie the Blue

Konahogwarts, CA



About
Ingie the blue, never red always true. The tears frozen, never cried, lets the imagination breathe and thrive..Never green, or so it seems. Yellow never was my fellow. Purple was too hurtful. I'm .. more..

Writing