Inner Dwelling

Inner Dwelling

A Poem by Crimson Lilith
"

Come read this BEAST of a piece with me.. Take a brief vacation to the island of your dreams..

"
The wind is blowing through the trees as rain falls from the stars.. My gaze is locked upon the moon and on my weary heart.. I see the trail that I must walk but cannot even start.. For what's inside, without a doubt, will tear my soul apart.. I pick myself up off the ground, my clothes are damp and cold.. I limp on over to the trees no longer feeling bold.. As I approach i pace myself into that daring hole.. I fall, I crawl on through the entrance full of grime and mold.. Inside the forest I take a seat upon a weeping tree.. But once I do I feel the pain that fills it's burning leaves.. The tree is twisting, full of anguish, from its bark it bleeds.. I'm trapped inside this gloomy place, this forest that is Me. I lift myself up from the tree and journey towards the moon.. I'm drowned in pain with every step, the ground is screaming too.. The sky is crying for there is no longer any blue.. I feel the suffering of the night as my heart starts to bruise.. As I draw closer to the moon, my skin is burning black.. From my back dark wings emerge, and my face starts to crack.. The thing I've come to face is me, this forest is my snack.. Is the monster truly me, is there no turning back? In my core, a cave of murky water holds a creature.. A creature so profound and dark, the gloomiest of features.. The cave is sealed by bars of steel, the creature stares upon.. A foggy full moon midnight dreary, proud of what he's caused.. With the dark built up inside the cage the creature casts.. A devastating blow upon the bars, he's free at last.. He walks onto the island of my life out to the waters.. And sees the oceans black as sin, the fish have all been slaughtered.. He travels through the twisting trees, the forest of my thoughts.. The trees are severed, twist, endeavor, trying not to rot.. From the trees a substance bleeds as black and thick as oil.. And on the grimy island floor, the islands gone to turmoil.. The creature travels to the mountains of my hopes and dreams.. He starts to climb and spreads his grime until he's at the peak.. The creature looks into the sky as it begins to snow.. The air is warm the sky's in ashes as the island glows.. The creature turns around to see the island set ablaze.. From the trees up to the mountains as the fires raise.. The creature soars into the sky and starts to fly away.. Yes the creatures gone for now, but home is where he'll stay..

© 2018 Crimson Lilith


Author's Note

Crimson Lilith
Tell me how this beast made you feel below. Friends and critics encouraged.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoy the personification of the forest to convey the emotions and mindset of the person walking through it. The description of the forest also allows a reader to create a vivid image of what you want them to see. Great piece of writing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crimson Lilith

5 Years Ago

Poseidon, I appreciate you taking the time to read man! I love to personify nature in a lot of my wr.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2018
Last Updated on December 20, 2018
Tags: Beast, dark, evil, love, island, lonely, demon, darkness, trees, ocean, sea, great, good, inner, dwelling, hurt

Author

Crimson Lilith
Crimson Lilith

Orange Beach, AL



About
Here to share some crazy s**t and makes some friends. more..

Writing