The world is our hologram

The world is our hologram

A Story by Richard Hawthorne
"

Any fans of dystopian sci-fi will love this piece of writing it came to me when listening to dark sci-fi known as I have no mouth but I must scream

"
I sit in a park on a bench like i do every day. I touch the metal feeling, it feels cold as i look around the birds chirp and tweet the melodies they do every day since i came here as a child i look forward, i see the grass growing slowly as it does and the wind blowing it slowly to and throw i then look at my watch expecting time to do something it doesn't normally, but as always I'm not surprised it always moves forward. What do i expect it to do reverse im not in a fantasy story after all i look over at the other people having nonsensical conversations of politics, they're to idiotic to understand then they talk about how the weather is cold and how their favoured character on their brainless tv show was unfairly kicked off. I scoff and laugh to myself at how they're basically like rats in an experiment of repetition and they're just falling in line with it. I look to my right and i see people with their phones transfixed like they're expecting their queue in the great performance they call life to start like everyone does when you aren't observing them long enough like we're all frozen in time when we ain't looked at, but i digress our reality is made for us not to do something different otherwise we are exterminated like the common vermin we think we're so superior to, but if humans knew more we would realise that we are the vermin to the great ones that control the keys to the cage we call the box of our life, anyone who thinks outside it is considered to be either mad or on something that could be considered illegal and deemed to be lesser and have their lives ruined cause even knowing they're the hero in their story they're the heretic in others story. This is what the human race has been and will always be until the great robotic overloads decide they're bored with their human playthings like we are their versions of our distractions and will eradicate us by giving the puppet overloads the idea that the dark skinned people from who knows where did something worthy, dying a firery death and that will be the end of us, forgotten and the little marble in the speck that is our galaxy will be gone but at least we still have Netflix till then.

© 2020 Richard Hawthorne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on February 18, 2020
Last Updated on February 18, 2020

Author

Richard Hawthorne
Richard Hawthorne

London, Hackney, United Kingdom



About
Hello everyone I am mark Clement I'm 26 from the London in the United Kingdom I have been a writer since I was 7 years old and I wrote a poem about our misunderstood punctuation mark the question .. more..

Writing