Red

Red

A Poem by InspireTheWorld
"

Shrouded in the enveloping veil of darkness... All innocence drained... A hollow shell is all that remains...

"
Shrouded in the enveloping veil of darkness... All innocence drained... A hollow shell is all that remains...
Unloved and a wavering soul, that's all I am like a snapping flame burning with so much passion and yearn but then mindlessly snuffed out...the cold, swirling smoke is all that's left...
I'm impure and recklessly broken like a fragile, porcelain doll, my limbs shattered into unrecognizable fragments, littered every where by careless people... I decided to make a mess of those who damaged me...they were as lovely as scattered rose petals...
I'm swallowed in the bottomless depths of madness and despair...wallowing in my ongoing anguish...
Holding on to the thin, dwindling thread of reality... I can't tell the difference of what's real or not anymore...
Colors. Colors coil their languid fingers around me and manipulate my blurred vision...
Sinister, beastly-like shadows with bending, grotesque bodies and curling, sadistic smiles greet me on cold nights when the window shutters whistle and obnoxiously flap with persistent wind and the floorboards come alive, creaking in the dead silence...
The voices...they throb inside my skull, permanently swelling and festering there like an untreated wound... Those deceptive, silky voices thrumming in my mind forever...
They guide me...like a marionette controlled by the puppet strings...or I guess you could say I'm similar to a caged bird...
I cut through the darkness, in search of the light... But there's no escape...
If only someone would just rescue me... Cut the strings...set me free...
...Today, I will see the color red.

© 2012 InspireTheWorld


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: Morbid, lovely, insanity, red, blood

Author

InspireTheWorld
InspireTheWorld

About
My writing's more advanced than my age. Nuff said. more..

Writing