A Soldier's Service

A Soldier's Service

A Story by Darkened_drear

Cold.Hungry.And Restless.I gaze at the pictures of my whole life and go in fighting for them when part of me wants to die because this dry deadened desert has no mercy on me.The sound of these children tugging at my heart but here you must be frigid and unfeeling for your purpose you must serve.Orders to be obeyed.A little girl with fear stricken eyes gazing into mine.Bomb strapped to her chest.I take in a gulp of air because I feel like vomiting but I set my sights on her.Bombs exploding.Shells bite the dust and I watch her fall.The perfect bullet hole upon her forehead almost too much to bear.Sick of this scene.The blood.The bodies.Silently I crawl among the dead.Taking it to the extreme.Firing.Time freezes.I see what I am fighting for as the hot lead explodes into my chest.Gripping my wound.Praying it is not true.No way to stay alive.Glimpsing the sun as it descends neath a horizon of pinks and blues.Hearing the men all around.My final taste of humanity ripped away as it fades to black.For the freedom I give to my nation is truly not free.It takes the women and men like me to sacrifice our lives to keep the balance.Every good thing has its price.Everything I have given up to do the things some cant ever dare.I keep the peace with my soul.Ill be remembered.A fallen soldier.Brave warrior for the Us of A .So next time you speak out against the war.Remember without us you would not have the luxury of freedom right now.Do not stand against something when your on the outside looking in or take those precious moments for granted.Just ask the families of those who were lost and tell me if your still in resent of what we do out of honor.I gave my life for you and your family so why disrespect me.

© 2014 Darkened_drear


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Nu
Good idea, I would develop this to show the horrors of war as seen by the soldier.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Darkened_drear

9 Years Ago

Thank you..I wrote this a few years back for someone I knew

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on August 26, 2014
Last Updated on August 26, 2014
Tags: soldier, honor, hurt

Author

Darkened_drear
Darkened_drear

Bim, WV



About
I am Becky Cooper and Im not perfect. All my flaws show but they do not define me because I have a strong heart and who I am is what makes me myself. My favorite color is black because it drowns out a.. more..

Writing