The sky where I live

The sky where I live

A Poem by IonaFaith
"

A piece I wrote based on a series of photographs by a friend

"
Some days it's a clear blue like the sea. Sometimes it ripples with cloud cover or aeroplane tails like a river falling over rocks. My favourite days are when it's a mirror, showing my love shining back at me in the burning brilliance of the sun. 

At night it can be as black as velvet and as deep as a well or pinpricked with the glinting diamonds that are stars. The moon shifts through its cycle, the man who lives their moving his shadows across it like a blanket. 

I prefer the dusk and the dawn. When there are streaks of pink and purple, red and orange and sometimes even green. The sun only half over the horizon making it flash different colours, reflecting off the bottoms of clouds, breaking through the gaps between them. 

It doesn't matter what time it is, what month or even what year because the sky is always different but it's always the same patch of it that I see. The sky where I live is my piece of sky, the piece of sky I've grown up with and the piece I'll always remember. It's beautiful and no other piece of sky will compare. 

© 2013 IonaFaith


Author's Note

IonaFaith
Spellings are in English for the UK so US readers may find errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013

Author

IonaFaith
IonaFaith

Todmorden , Lancashire , United Kingdom



About
I've not been writing long and nothing I write is ever planned, I write it as it comes to me. I mostly write poetry but occasionally write brief passages of prose, I have even been known to write lyri.. more..

Writing