City

City

A Story by J.B.D
"

The dialogue belongs to the song City by Hollywood Undead. I Do Not own the lyrics; i simply made a story to go around the lyrics. Check out the song!

"

"Let’s watch it burn…Let’s watch it burn…Let’s watch this city burn the world…" I whispered under my small breathe, my eyes glazed and covered with only a single emotion-hate.

 

Life showed it change through the scars on my skin and the mask of red and black. Life is much like my city that I wander aimlessly thorough my dying days- never safe and never forgetting. People die here, their blood streaming the streets like rivers and ponds, so thick you can drown harder than any water in the world. I had saunter in my city everyday with the mystery of the red moon as a guide along my journey; the people here are gone, their souls belong to the city and their screams sounded through the cold air during endless nights.

 

I have seen this city and its shadows that lay dormant in the hard, cold earth we all walk on and within the allies they cower in. They wait till it is time to be awoken to breathe down our necks to tell us to do things that seem unnatural to us within the surroundings city that whispers to us. They speak of things that make our eyes coating over, and our mind shut out our powerless voice inside our souls. The ones that still live are dead inside; they had turned into monstrous beings that the city dreams of having- my city has always been greedy.

 

"Let’s watch this city burn… From the skylines on top of the world… Till there’s nothing left of her… Let’s watch this city burn the world…"I spoke, louder and beyond a single whisper; eyes staring at me through collapsed buildings- blood covering their faces and hands.

 

The darkness of my city swirls in their veins making them vaguer in each grin shown, and every trick play. They change in my city into different creatures that we thought was only in our dreams; they fight in wars that make no sense to them, however, the bloodshed and deaths entertain my city so there is a war every night without mercy. Slowly, the people of my city will stay like a demon forever, never aging nor ever dying; they will be enslaved just for the city to laugh at and become greedier with every death.

 

My city care for nothing as the red moon takes the sky as its own land with its millions of stars as her warriors. The moon is our light in the darkness of the cold land we walk on as silent, bloody faces appear within the darkness, hunger lingering in the eyes, and into the trees that stand still like corpses hanging about my city. Life changes here from the sky to the ground that shatters under our feet. People die from death that their friends bring, or from the diseases the city gives us as gifts from living so long inside of her.

 

"My body doused in ash with two empty cans of gas… The only evidence they have is a police sketch of my mask… And it's hard at times to ask if you could save my heart for last… And it's hard to face the facts when the darkness fades to black…" I screamed into the metallic licking air, smoke billowing out with my voice like fire.

 

I keep my head high, and above my city’s gaze of stone with each step I take, with my rebel brothers and sisters taking place everywhere within her. We take back what was once ours, leaving the sick minded behind us to wander my city till they just drop dead on her streets. In our hands we carry gallons of delicious gasoline that we empty onto her streets and drench in her soil, making her smell and feel the power we possess. Her people watch us from the rotting dead frameworks that survived the wars they battled; their eyes glued to the gas trails we made as the red moon leads us out of my city’s darkness, and into the world we never saw before.

 

"It's not just make believe, when they make me take a seat… And they put amphetamines in the air and make me breathe… So come on and grab your children, look out for burning buildings… And villains who pillage, they're killin' by the millions…" We cried into the face of the city as she crumbles slowly amongst her demons and people; blood coating and hunger lingered still.

 

"And billions of people die for a lost cause… So now I pray to my nation destroyed under God… It's the end of the world… All my battles have been won but the war has just begun…" I chanted louder and beyond my brothers and sisters voices to scream into the city, dousing her in gasoline- waiting for her and the monsters to burn.

 

"Let's watch this city burn… From the skylines on top of the world… Till there's nothing left of her… Let's watch this city burn the world…" My city churned and groan, a single blaze set fire to the east of her…the west…the north…I have the final piece of the city living in the south- and she will die amongst her children.

 

"The city looks so pretty do you wanna burn it with me... Till the skies bleed ashes and the f****n' skyline crashes… They catch us with the matches and ignite the flame… And all the hopes of a youth deemed f****n' insane…" I hear her dying slowly; she will die in pain that we feel and felt. She will die knowing all the damage she caused and all the lives she took from the families we saved. The match was warm against my hand, drifting closer to my flesh along the wood.

 

"They say take the pill, in God we trust, go and kill… God loves us as in life, as in death, breathing till there is no breath… I will not die in the night but in the light of the sun… With the ashes of this world in my lungs…" The people of the city are dead now, lying in the streets, so still as they become only ashes. All the blackness will soon vanish along with her; all the drugs and liquor, all the black souls, and all who want to die.

 

"But who am I to say let's all just run away… Grab your saints and pray and we'll burn this world today… It's the end of the world… As in Heaven, as in Earth, we’ve been dead since our birth…" I am leaving you, my city, and I will die and become reborn once you disappear from this ridicule world.

 

"Let's watch this city burn… From the skylines on top of the world… Till there's nothing left of her… Let's watch this city burn the world…" I hear my brothers and sisters chant, waiting for me to drop the last match into her soil. I raise my hand-

 

"Let's watch it burn… Let's watch it burn…" my heart pounds against me, the heat of the match licking my fingers-

 

"The city looks so pretty, do you wanna burn it with me... The city looks so pretty, do you wanna burn it with me... The city looks so pretty, do you wanna burn it with me... The city looks so pretty, do you wanna burn it with me..." I drop the match, the fragile flame consuming into her.

 

"We'll use the trees as torches, do you wanna burn it with me...We'll flood the streets with corpses, do you wanna burn it with me... We'll watch the city f****n' bleed, do you wanna burn it with me... And bring the world to its knees, do you wanna burn it with me..." We all screamed into the shrilled air along with the city’s final pitching scream. Dying slowly must harm her so, but alas, I do not pity you, my city.

 

My brothers and my sisters stand together on the ashes of the dead city. We stand as one, each wearing things that makes us unique from the ones we stand next to; some of us are barefooted with dried blood stains mix with dirt to make running simple, while others wear shoes that shows more personality than a diamond flower in the gleaming sunlight. Few wear baggy clothes to hide away, and others wear tight things that show more than needs to be shown.

 

I am nothing like them. I wear things that caught my eye to where I must have it in my possession. I wear the darkness that my city gave to me as her way of showing love for me. I wore the red soil on the soles of my toes to my knees, ribbons of red silk that hold tight against my pale skin that never felt the warmth of daylight dreams, clothe that is as black as my own raven hair and eyes greener than any before me- I wear only things I don’t care to get a little blood on.

 

"Let's watch this city burn… From the skylines on top of the world… Till there's nothing left of her… Let's watch this city burn…" I spoke slowly from the throat, venom seeping to the ground and ashes.

 

My city died knowing what would happen, and she died with death inside her streets and into the air we once breathed in. She didn’t care if she died for she was done with her dark presence existing here; boredom was beginning g to demolish her and burning was a way to go.

 

"Let's watch this city burn… From the skylines on top of the world… Till there's nothing left of her… Let's watch this city burn the world…" my brothers and sisters spoke next to me, their voices drowning to whispers into the falling ashes from the sky- gray snow it was to me.

 

My city, my pretty little city, is gone. We all watched her burn into nothing but ashes and flatland. One by one we all left into different directions to never see one another again. They shall live their lives in their own way.

 

"Let's watch it burn… Let's watch it burn… Let's watch this city burn the world…" I whispered a final time, and walking away to leave footprints behind. My city was finally gone to me.

© 2013 J.B.D


Author's Note

J.B.D
Like I said I don't own the dialogue it belongs to Hollywood Undead. Thanks bunches!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
Added on March 14, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013

Author

J.B.D
J.B.D

Bad Axe, MI



About
Writing and poetry is my passion, and someday soon I would love to have my work published for booking and such; I love music, art, nature, punkiness, gothicness, and unordinary things. I also adore St.. more..

Writing
Hummingbird Hummingbird

A Poem by J.B.D


Face Face

A Poem by J.B.D