Amber Eyes

Amber Eyes

A Story by Alm
"

It's just an excerpt from a story I'm trying to write.

"

            She stands there, before the elevators that everyone seeks so much to run from, unmoving and staring in. Not mesmerized or dazed--but observant and cruel, her dark eyes reflecting the dancing flames before her. Her ears can hear him screaming for mercy as the fires lick and burn at his skin, see his hand reaching--from that terrifying little metal box--to hers, but she doesn’t respond to him. She doesn’t reach out her hand for his.

 

            She remains as the smell of burnt flesh permeates the air, and the amber of his eyes become one with the dying flames. When the sun had set on her life, she walked away from the dying light and into what others had labeled as hope. But it would be a cold long night of a life for her.

 

            I think that I don’t know who she is, who he is. But at this point, I don't know a lot of things. Though I remember the betrayal, as the sun stared me straight in the eyes. 

© 2012 Alm


Author's Note

Alm
Eh. I cannot seem to write the story out, and only the ending came out satisfactory. This is based on a dream that I had. This is just the ending of the entire thing, HAHAHA. Tell me what you think, I have a really bad problem on not being able to write short stories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this. Its a really great piece. You should be proud of it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You aren't satisfied with what you have written? This is indeed a deep thought to dwell on, and I could never have written it myself. I enjoyed every word of this, it is all beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Alm

11 Years Ago

Eh, it's a very haunting dream as a whole and I kind of want to reconstruct it into a story and make.. read more
Tai Ryens

11 Years Ago

Ah, I've had dreams such as that before; they're really inspiring sometimes~
Or am I just a re.. read more
Alm

11 Years Ago

Nah. I have those too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012

Author

Alm
Alm

By the sea, in a land called Honah Lee



About
Alm is short for Alyssa Marie. I'm sixteen now, I don't claim to write well. I'm sorry if I review bad. Sometimes I bake snickerdoodles, the smell of cinnamon and vanilla on my fingertips lingers... more..

Writing
great great

A Poem by Alm


i am i am

A Poem by Alm


the saddest the saddest

A Poem by Alm