Is there any hope for a broken marriage today?

Is there any hope for a broken marriage today?

A Story by Still Standing
"

After a betrayal, there's no trust and to gain it back, both sides need to agree to work together to save the marrige. There's hope only if both sides agree to work it out.

"

Many couples who are facing trouble and despair in their marriage opt quickly for divorce without giving it a second chance. Whether it has been infidelity, distrust, violence or emotional distress, a marriage should not be over just because one or the other believe there’s no hope. The truth is, there is hope and restoration “if” and only if both mates are willing to work at giving it a second chance.

 

The first thing to consider is: do you want to save the marriage? And if yes, are you willing to do whatever it takes to bring total healing and restoration?

Sometimes one spouse may want work things out and the other, not so much and that’s okay. The most important thing to consider is doing the right thing, even when you don’t feel like it. Eventually, you will see that if you stay doing what’s right for a long period  of time, you will get a positive outcome at the end.

 

On the other hand, if one or neither of the spouses want to save the marriage, there’s is a great chance that the marriage will not survive no matter how much counseling you receive, or how many “Fire Proof” conferences you go to. One can only pray for a miracle or hang the gloves and move on. It will only work if both want it to work.

 

Do you want to save your broken marriage? Then you are going to need to set your pride aside, lift up your head, forgive and ask for forgiveness and start over by laying the right foundation this time. Don’t play the blame game and don’t try to punish your partner for his or hers mistakes. Remember that it takes two to make a marriage work and that one partner need the other.

© 2013 Still Standing


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013

Author

Still Standing
Still Standing

Houston, TX



About
I enjoy writing, photography and music. I've been trying to write a book for quite sometime about a real life experience that I'm sure it can help marriages, but I haven't got the time to do so (too m.. more..

Writing