A Short Story Collection Of The 100 Word Challenge

A Short Story Collection Of The 100 Word Challenge

A Story by Irish SOaP

Bulging and Bulbous, Raging and Insane

I heaved and puffed when I slammed and locked the door. I crumbled into a worthless heap. All I heard was the soft drip drop of the slime. The slime dripped through the floorboards overhead.

I stared up. Another pair of eyes met me. They were bulging and bulbous, raging and insane. CRASH! The person fell before me. I wasted no time.

I took hold of the pale man’s head and slammed it into the wall. The little cottage shook. Then I flung it over my shoulder as if I was a pro wrestler.

It screamed and ran at me. Taking out my crowbar, I swung it like a baseball bat. The thing flew away a meter and never got up again.

I fell to the ground and tried to sleep. But something wet landed on my cheek…



Damned to Hell

There once was a man, a terrible terrible man. He kidnapped people of every age, and crushed them down like a page.

The blood leaked and poured from every sore. He bottled it up and stored it away. Until he grew thirsty like a fox home away.

He sipped and lavished the blood until he cracked his neck. Now he goes to hell (where he belongs) and got a punishment more than a speck.

Locked in a room with a canister of water. Every time he drank from it the water just kept gushing out like the River Lee.

How fitting for a drinker and cannibal. Now all who died by this man will shout with glee.


The Amber Sword In The Well

My cable snapped. I fell down the long well. This expedition was a failure and it might end when I’m dead. I landed on what felt like moss. Slightly dazed I looked out into the darkness. It was a wide tunnel that didn’t seem to end.

Cautiously I walked forward. I nearly tumbled over the silver and gold chest right over me. I flipped it opened and there was an orange sword. Amber.

Picking it up I realized that this was priceless. No one has ever seen an amber sword. Suddenly the well I just came from collapsed.When the dust settled I heard noises within the tunnel.

When walking down the tunnel I put my hand to the wall. The walls felt like crocodile hide…what was this place?


The Metal Hands

I ran down the murky, damp alley. I burst through the first door I could find. What was this place? It seemed like a normal fast food kitchen but…the burgers were being made by metal hands.

“This must be some…automation thing,” I muttered but I knew it was false. The hands were alive in some way. They looked to be made of mush. Suddenly they all stopped.

They squirmed onto the floor. The hands went to a puddle in the ground that was the same colour as the hands. Some how some way it stood up. It looked to be human but the colour…

It was like polished silver. Then it-

“Arrrrr…AAAAA…HELP…ME…PLE-“


The Dead Garden

The rain blocked out any and all sound. I could barely hear my own feet hitting the mud. I could see a faint light in the distance. My house.

But that won’t be very good if I die by a lightning strike. Let’s hope-
C R A C K. My eyes were blinded. I fell to the ground willing my eyes to work.

In the lightning, I saw a small, metal, stocky gnome. But it looked too realistic to be real. I was about to start running again until I saw hundreds covering the field home.

C R A C K. There was no way to get past them all so I turned around…to see nothing but those gnomes. I stared up.

The sky parted ways. A dagger of light fell down. C R A C K.

© 2017 Irish SOaP


Author's Note

Irish SOaP
So this is one of my stories on the One Hundred Word Challenge. If you don't know this site is for children and it encourages creative writing. Every challenge can only go to one hundred words so it's really hard to get emotional. Also every week there's a prompt. This one was "...the slime dripped through..." but there are other prompts like strange pictures, five words (like orange, crocodile, coloasped, within, close) and this one. So I recomend that you show your younger siblings or even yourself to it and help get more creative!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWESOME!!! It's one of the best collection of short stories I have ever seen. And believe me when I say you nailed the competition!!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 9, 2017
Last Updated on June 9, 2017

Author

Irish SOaP
Irish SOaP

Kanturk, Cork, Ireland



About
I want to learn how to write better. I hope that sharing and getting feedback on my work will help in this endevor and I love telling puns. more..

Writing