Down time

Down time

A Poem by Irishrite
"

Just......

"
Where I've been and how I got there.
Would you worry, or even care?
Look into my eyes, deep down.
Do you see that I have drowned?
I've walked this road a thousand times.
Everything I do is treated like a crime.
I could talk a mile a minute, about my life
And let you in it.
Broken hearts, and broken noses
Bruised violets and bloody roses.
How do I make you want me without ruining every breath you take in?
How do you see me and where do you begin?
Solitude has surrounded every inch of my world.
And left every crease unfurled.
One day maybe I will crawl from this place and find that one smiling face.
Take me there.....please just take me there.

© 2018 Irishrite


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Donna you are right. I have. This is my therapeutic way of getting through it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This beautiful and brilliant.. and aching. I loved the line “bruised violets and bloody roses” linking to the former line.

“How do I make you want me without ruining every breath you take in” to me, I see a lot of awareness of destructive contributions to relationships and perhaps some self-loathing and regret mixed in... like I want to let you in and I want you close but like Midas I ruin everything I touch.. maybe it’s better not to touch at all.. but where do you begin.. since the wall of solitude is so thick, it seems impenetrable, and how do you get close when I’m so deep behind that wall.. who will break through and know.. and love the real and true me, all the bad and good.

Stunning in its painfulness, and the flow of the writing was excellent as well!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is the 2nd poem of yours that I have read, and I see a lot of pain, and you have been through so much in your life. I don't know if I am right?

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2018
Last Updated on April 18, 2018

Author

Irishrite
Irishrite

Pell City, AL



About
Just a guy with a lot of messed up thoughts in his head trying to make sense of it all. more..

Writing