The starry night

The starry night

A Story by Wally1173
"

A young man from Italy, Florence, finds true love after countless attempts.

"
The year is 1653 in the beautiful city of Florence, Italy. Spring is already here, and the people are getting ready for the annual Spring Festival. For most people, it's just an ordinary night but, for young Marcelo Aquila it will be a total life-changer. With his brother, Giovanni, in a street filled with everyone from merchants from far away lands, looking to sell their exotic goods, to hardy and skilled craftsman to ordinary beggars, looking to get some coin for half a' loaf of bread. With his eyes pointed to the clear, blue sky, not listening to his brother's complaints and troubles, Marcelo thinks about the one thing that he has missing in his life: love. As have many, Marcelo had troubles with love. He comes from a rich family, the Gardinis, so the only thing missing in his life is true love. As they walk, Giovanni's voice gets louder. He's trying to warn him about something. Marcelo, finally, turns to his brother but, alas, it's too late, for he already bumped the beautiful Cristina, making her drop her bought goods. Embarrassed and surprised, Marcelo quickly falls to his knees in order to help the beautiful Cristina. As he collects her goods, placing them back into the basket, he keeps apologizing, while Cristina waves it all off. As they're getting up, they get into a locked eye contact. And aye, she was beautiful. Beautiful hazelnut hair going down to her shoulders, her face as clean as the clear night sky, ornated by her beautiful ocean-blue eyes. She smiles. And, yea, as expected, the most beautiful smile he had ever seen. This was a chance, one which he had to take. He invites Cristina to the annual Spring Festival. Her answer made him the happiest man in Florence. Probably in Italy. She said yes and it was set. Marcelo stood there, and wandered, looking at Cristina departing, her luscious hair, how was he so lucky? The evening came, and Marcelo was fully prepared. New clothing that arrived that morning, his blonde hair combed to the side, new black leather gloves, cleaned boots, he was dressed to impress. The stroll to Cristina's house was a long one, as he couldn't wait to see her but, there she was. More beautiful than ever, fine silk dress, long white gloves but, what took the prize was her face. Styled hair, white makeup and, again, that beautiful smile. The pearl of the whole face. He approached her and bowed before taking her to the ball, which was held in the center of that amazing city of Florence. Upon arrival, it was amazing, fireworks, musicians, spring leaves, fruits, fine wine and meat, and even the Count of Florence himself. The Count took to the stage and spoke a few words, finishing it with "Let the Spring Festival begin!". Before Marcelo could say anything, the whole plaza was overfilled with the cheers of the crowd, along with multiple fireworks and children's laughter. As per the custom, the attendants placed their masks on their faces and the musicians began playing their instruments, from flutes to lutes and violas, the vast number of musicians played their instruments, while the fireworks painted the sky into many colours, from red to blue, from blue to green and many more. The dance began. Marcelo went through every dance type with Cristina, from Passo e mezzo to Gagliarda, followed by the Pavana, ending it with the Spagnoletta and Canario. The dance, however, didn't receive Marcelo's full attention. It was the beautiful Cristina who received that small gift. The way she moved, the way she smiled at Marcelo. Oh how they laughed, oh how they looked at each other... oh how they kissed..
The festival was coming to an end, as they were all reaching the small hours of that beautiful night. The fireworks were gone, the musicians were heading to their homes, along with the rest of the guests. Soon the plaza had only two people in it - Marcelo and the beautiful Cristina. They danced, and danced, it was not their human energy that gave them the strength to go on, oh no. It was their love for one another. The town watch soon came and ordered them off the plaza but, this didn't kill their mood, as they continued dancing through the streets, finally sitting on a bench, panting from the dance, tired but, happy, looking at the stars on the clear sky. They held hands, kissed, Marcelo finally received what he wanted. True love. He would love her forever, and they would continue on with many days of love, eventually a big family, many memories. So much love, every day was a new memory for Marcelo but, none was as strong and meaningful as the one of that beautiful, nippy but, nevertheless wonderful- Starry night.

© 2016 Wally1173


Author's Note

Wally1173
I did this late at night, as I will with each and every single thing I write, as that is the time when my inspiration hits, hence I am not a professional writer. I'm really an amateur, so be kind :). Also(The 'yea' part, 14th line, is pronounced as 'yay', not yeah)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on August 8, 2016
Last Updated on August 8, 2016
Tags: #Italy, #Firstlove, #Romance, #Florence, #Younglove, #Stars

Author

Wally1173
Wally1173

Not important :), Not important :), Serbia



About
I'm a seventeen year old young lad from Serbia, and I've always found myself in the art of putting words together in order to form a complex or interesting sentence. I love Latin phrases and the langu.. more..

Writing