Beautiful Symphonies

Beautiful Symphonies

A Poem by Eleanor
"

Does the projected illusion that I've created of my you, please you?

"

You said yesterday that History excites you.

Today, if my body were to be described as a poorly built and badly designed structure, a ruin not many take interest in, would you take interest in me?

Would you run your hands over all the places I feel insecure about, as if they were the jagged edges of broken windows, even if they leave gashes on your fingers?

Would you touch me delicately and slowly in ways that leave me breathless, as if I were the old crumbling walls?

Tell me, does the projected illusion of my body that I've created for you, please you?

You said yesterday that History excites you. I told you that music excites me. You didn't know that you've become my favorite tune.

To me, you're like Beethoven. The only difference is, you're blind to how my body reacts to your touch. He was deaf towards the music he created. But you both created beautiful symphonies out of nothing. 

© 2016 Eleanor


Author's Note

Eleanor
Heyy. I'm back after so many months on this site, haha. I hope you all are good. I deleted all my previous poems and I guess I'll put up new ones now? Do write below what you think of this one. Have a great day!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016
Tags: poem, poetry

Author

Eleanor
Eleanor



About
/I wouldn't be alive, if I wasn't so afraid of dying/ And that's not my real name but I seem to really like it. more..