Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
An ounce of love

An ounce of love

A Story by Sky

The essence of life and its very purpose has been abandoned by many... just to thrive in our today's world.A world where the cruel hands of Reality has dragged us down along the while;forsakening our naive passions and dreams into a forbidden fantasy.....
"Living life to the fullest" is now merely a statement only a few comprehends.. while the rest utters it only to cherish the dying hope we hold on to.Thus,giving birth to fear and greed which so flows in our veins that we detest our own kind....
That we! fight over lifeless things at the expense of many naive lives....
That we draw swords over lands that no man shall ever truely own....
Killing innocence,the helpless and the poor...WHO sought for nothing more than an ounce of love!!!...WHO had nothing, but tears to offer at mercy's feet....

Are these days still of the past?
Or are we too late to actually live and be the change to see the change?
And is hope for the hopless!!?
The choice is Ours...
The choice is yours

© 2017 Sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. This piece seems to resemble a poem as opposed to a story. This piece is compelling because it causes the reader to consider at least two different things: (1) What does it mean to "live life to the fullest"? (2) What is the harsh reality of this world and how could we escape from it or change it?

In my opinion, to live life to the fullest and to appreciate life is to understand oneself and act in accordance with one's intentions as opposed to just letting things happen to you. More than this, however, I think it has to do with personally challenging oneself to become a better person; to do something extraordinary and become a more amazing person as a consequence. Such deeds may seem trivial to some, but could be personally a big deal.

Out of curiosity, what do you personally think living life to the fullest entails? It seems that you feel that "living life to the fullest" is making efforts to rectify the problems of the world. Is that correct?

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 16, 2017
Last Updated on February 16, 2017

Author

Sky
Sky

Writing
The Real Dream The Real Dream

A Poem by Sky