The Little Brave Flower

The Little Brave Flower

A Story by Isla Rae
"

A child's book about a big, snow monster, who isn't as brave as he seems, and a courageous little flower who's willing to befriend him.

"
 It was a beautiful day to be in the forest. In the middle of this particular forest, there was a little, red flower. She was very small and very kind, but she could not move. Everyday, she would sigh and say, "Oh! How I wish I could run with the deer through the forest, or climb the trees with the squirrels!"
     Sometimes, the woodland creatures came to visit her and tell her stories of all the things they did. And when they were done she would say, "Oh! How I wish I could run with you through the forest, or climb the trees!"
     One day, they told Little Flower about a giant monster who lived in a cave nearby. He was white and furry and enormous! He had three big, blue eyes, and one, long horn on the very top of his head! And in the middle of his long horn, there was a hole. The forest monster was very ferocious and very mean. When the forest creatures found the monster sleeping in his cave, they all ran away in fright.
     "Oh!" said Little Flower. "He must be lonely!"
     Suddenly, the ground began to shake! The trees quivered, and all the woodland creatures began to run away. The snow monster was coming! But poor Little Flower could not move! She was very scared, but she straightened her stem and stood as tall as she could.
    The snow monster began to roar, and soon, he was standing right over Little Flower.
    Little Flower's petals began to shake. "Hello?" she whispered.
    "Who's there?" bellowed the snow monster.
    "It's just me, " Little Flower shouted back, kindly.
    The snow monster was confused, and scratched the top of his furry, white head.
     "Where are you?" he whispered.
    "I'm right here," Little Flower whispered back.
    "AHHHHHHH!" shouted the monster when he noticed Little Flower.
    The poor creature was so scared, he quickly climbed the nearest tree and looked warily at Little Flower.
   "It's okay," said Little Flower quietly. "You don't have to be frightened of me."
   The snow monster began to cry.
   "I've never seen a snow monster before," replied Little Flower.
    "You haven't?" yelled the snow monster.
   "No, but I would love to meet one," said Little Flower warmly.
   "Oh! But I am a snow monster!" the snow monster said, climbing down from his tree. 
   And so, the snow monster and the flower talked for a long time, until it began to grow dark outside, and the snow monster had to go home to his cave. The flower wanted to come with him, but she could not move.
   "I know what to do!" exclaimed the snow monster. He scooped up some dirt in his huge paws, and planted Little Flower right in the middle of his horn. "Now you can come with me everywhere!" yelled the snow monster.
     And Little Flower was happy.
     And everyday, the snow monster carried Little Flower through the forest. They ran with the deer, and they climbed trees with the squirrels, and all the woodland creatures were not afraid of the big, furry, white, snow monster anymore.
   
   

© 2015 Isla Rae


Author's Note

Isla Rae
Definitely needs a lot of work!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on March 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015