I Know What A Man Is

I Know What A Man Is

A Story by Israfel
"

A response to Idyllwild's "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

"

I would reply, Sire of immortal nature, that YOU struggle with the concept of mankind, for you are factoring in the notion of philosophical ethics. You believe that Order is the equivalent of Fate, and thus there is no Choice. To believe such a thing is unethical, as we are both aware that Ethics is founded on the notion of Free Will. You lack a sense of ethics, hence why you ponder an answer as to "What is a Man?" And though I was incapable of describing an answer in a comprehensible manner at the time you posed the question, I can honestly give you one now... Though it is a new day, and you might not have necessity in applying such thoughts to yourself anymore. But as I learn to understand the concepts and with every new conversation a learning experience arises, I will tell you that my drive, my soul's mechanics rigged for persistent folly, has already been given in this response. Education: Life is a learning experience. No matter the situation, I can learn and grow from it, but first I must have werferonn (Tolerance and Awareness, lit. translates to "to cover the field"). Both are necessities throughout life, and without one or the other, discord prevails. In this sense, it is apparent that Free Will no longer exists, and Fate is the drive. Thus all action and reaction are equally unethical, for ethics no longer exists. Ultimately, you ask this question of mankind rhetorically, for you already knew your answer. As an immortal, you understand the who, what, why, when and how... you especially are concerned with the Where... So, my dear Anthropologist, I will answer your question by simply saying: "We Are, and We Live."

© 2009 Israfel


Author's Note

Israfel
Please read the following speech beforehand. http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Idyllwyld/407490/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on September 1, 2009
Last Updated on September 1, 2009

Author

Israfel
Israfel

Unknown, CA



About
Israfel, being the Angel of Music, is my favorite of all the choirs in the Heavenly Host, hence the name. I love to sing, write music, write stories, paint, draw, and be creative in any way possible. more..

Writing
A Purpose A Purpose

A Story by Israfel


Alpha to Omega Alpha to Omega

A Story by Israfel