The Misconception Of Greed.

The Misconception Of Greed.

A Screenplay by Isabel Mae
"

This is a short analogy of someone explaining the misconception of greed to in modern society.

"
The misconception of greed. 
By many, 'greed' is considered one of the most apparent properties to the modern day human's nature. The way in which we see or experience greed however, is very much to the attributes and morals of the beholder. 
A human walks through a super market isle with a trolley full of junk food and goods. Now, a passer by sets eyes on this trolley, and proceeds by looking up at the person pushing it. The initial trigger sensation screams GREED, the sheer density of the greed depending usually on the persons image and size, and perhaps the produce in her trolley. 
In this case, this human is an over-weight, forty year old mother. Her trolley is full of food that someone so large, and of course a mother should not be consuming, and should not be setting such a negative example for her children. Your first thought? Probably greed. Perhaps a bad mother, a bad example. 
What the average passer by would fail to notice initially, is that her twelve year old walking behind her is severely underweight and is suffering with Anorexia. This woman is purchasing calorie dense food to comply with the food plan given by doctors to help her daughter recover and reach a higher weight. In doing so, this woman gained a considerable amount of weight, because her daughter requested she eat the same foods so that she wouldn't have to do it alone. 
Clearly, greed is not in presence here. Perhaps the only greed being in the fault of the beholding passer by, the selfish arrogant quick to judge initial thinking of the average human. So don't feel bad if you're one of these people, usually in this case an over weight person with a trolley full of rubbish would be greedy. It is just the concept of the actual verb 'greed' that is undoubtedly misconceived throughout modern day society. What do you think? 

© 2014 Isabel Mae


Author's Note

Isabel Mae
I am extremely new to this, ignore grammar problems this is just a short story I came up with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on January 25, 2014
Last Updated on January 25, 2014
Tags: Philosophy, story, quote, ideas, greed, religion, new

Author

Isabel Mae
Isabel Mae

Port talbot , Wales , United Kingdom



About
I'm 17, and I am doing English Literature at A-level . more..