Playing With Words

Playing With Words

A Story by Kate
"

This is the result of boredom

"

There is a world that I adore. I do not know if this world is in my head, or the one we currently share together. Perhaps the world in which you are reading this is all inside my head, and the world where I have not written this is real. I do not know. In the world in which I haven't written this I am the same age, I live in the same town, same house, I am the same person. There are senseless murders that happen. There are lover's quarrels in the streets and weddings on weekends. In this world there is racism and hate for no other reason than to fit into the surrounding crowd. It is astoundingly similar to the world in which I wrote this. Of the two worlds, nothing seems to make sense. Here, science is logical, yet there still is no cure for cancer, or AIDS or Rheumatoid Arthritis. If something is logical, isn't it solvable?

There is a difference between the two worlds. In the world where I have written this you are alive. You are breathing, blinking, reading. In the world in which these words have never been strung together in such order, you don't exist. You don't breathe, blink or read. You have no past, no present, no future. You simply don't exist. In the world in which you do exist, I am thinking this is simply a game. I am playing with words, stringing them together to form made up fun. I'm laughing. It's such a provoaking thought; you don't exist, even if I know you do.

In the world in which you don't exist, I'm puzzled. I'm inside my head, dreaming of writing such thoughts and playing with words in such a way. I'm wondering when I'll wake up, but I don't want to. It's a dream. If I wake up it'll be over, left for my brain to screw with, twist and contort into a new world that I never dreamt of. But that's what happens to memories. They change. You might remember falling off a bike when you were six, but your mother tells you your sister pushed you. Which is it? Your brain decides and your memory is now a thought, a story that might be fiction.

There is a world that I adore.
I do not know if this world is in my head, or the one in which we both exist.
I am simply aware of both worlds.


Are you?

© 2009 Kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow.... that's confusing :)
but pretty awesome

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 17, 2009

Author

Kate
Kate

Sebastopol, CA



About
I was born & raised in Sebastopol, CA. It's a small, intimate town. My parents divorced when I was 4. My father moved further and further away before residing about 2hours away. My father was abusive,.. more..

Writing
The Gardener The Gardener

A Poem by Kate


Trystan Trystan

A Poem by Kate


hospital hospital

A Story by Kate