Touch

Touch

A Poem by Kate

      It was one of those evenings where the crickets didn't sing and the moon hung in the sky looking dismal and alone - all the stars had taken an early leave. I watched the moon glow from inside his room, the window slightly cracked. My legs were intertwined with his, the sheet wrapping around the two of us, binding us. I listened to the noises his chest made. Inbetween his sleeping breaths his insides growled, grumbled and hummed. I started to laugh at a memory that slipped away just as it had come. He stirred, his arm coming to hold me closer to his side as he asked me why I was laughing. I brought my finger to his lips, hushing him. I felt him smile against my finger before kissing it.
 
     Our hands came together on his stomach. I smiled at the contrast our skin held - his much darker than mine. He started etching small circles upon the back of my hand, moving his touches up my arm then down my side. I quivered under his warmth. His heart pounded out a nervous rythm that rang in my ear. I could feel his skin grow hotter against my cheek as his circles moved to my hips. He played with the sheet that wrapped around our legs, tugging at it, securing it tighter.

     His lips found my forehead and he left a small wetness behind. He gripped my waist, pulling me up so we were chest-to-chest, thigh-to-thigh. I folded my hands under my chin like the childish angels on greeting cards. We smiled at eachother, our breathing falling into a slow, even rhythm. His lips were rosier than mine, his eyes a deep mahogany. He had a small, light, faded pink scar above his eye. His eyelashes reached up to his brows as they pulled into a quizical look.
 
     "Tell me what you're thinking." Each word brushed my face. He waited for an answer while I tried to think up something witty, something humorous or something...smart. He tickled my side as his toes pulled at mine, growing impatient in a teasing way. "Tell me, what are you thinking about?" He asked me again, quieter, settling into the pillow, hands behind his head. I blushed. "You."

© 2009 Kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on August 30, 2009

Author

Kate
Kate

Sebastopol, CA



About
I was born & raised in Sebastopol, CA. It's a small, intimate town. My parents divorced when I was 4. My father moved further and further away before residing about 2hours away. My father was abusive,.. more..

Writing
The Gardener The Gardener

A Poem by Kate


Trystan Trystan

A Poem by Kate


hospital hospital

A Story by Kate