Beloved Hell

Beloved Hell

A Poem by Ivey Winters

Excise my lachrymose, burnt sienna eyes
for all to see,
and project my retrovisions amongst the stars
so I can hear the echo of disturbed screams.
Unscathed and pure;
my body is a temple of deceit,
for the rawest wounds hide behind
the unwavering strength of my clenched teeth.
I await this harrowing life malady to be expelled
and my eyes cleansed of the filth from the sights of this beloved hell.



© 2014 Ivey Winters


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very unique choice of words, which with the way it flows, gives a touching image to an otherwise painful concept. I particularly enjoyed your 1st and 3rd lines. And the flow between the 7th and 8th is exquisite. The ideals of purity and pain held in juxtapose within this poem gives it an unusual depth; much like the image of a 'beloved' hell.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jeez. How you get these images from your mind to page is astounding. And the rhyme is impeccable, the long line length until the rhyme is flawless and I love it. Beautiful content and your vocabulary is phenomenal. You have a real depth about you and your work and it is a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 6, 2014

Author

Ivey Winters
Ivey Winters

AL



About
View of a stone white ceiling and the back of your head In this quiet, dark bed felt like the middle of nowhere We beat each other up just like we always do When I'm talking to myself I'd alwa.. more..

Writing
Abandon Abandon

A Poem by Ivey Winters