my poems never have a title

my poems never have a title

A Poem by IzzytheHippie

 

Sitting on my steps looking up at the sky. Reminiscing on my life and all the time that has gone by.

 

Good times, bad times, it all comes to mind. Friendships that didn't last even love that had me blind.

 

The moments I've suffered, have only made me strong. Making it much easier to survive when things continue to go wrong.

 

Ever felt like there was a cloud over your head and it starts to pour down with rain? No matter how much you run and hide, there is no stopping the pain?

 

You wonder why the world is so cruel and filled with so much hate. Makes us fear the smallest things, even our own fate.

 

Lessons of life is like one BIG ball. Testing our strength constantly to see if we will fall.

 

Through it all, we must learn to stand. With or without depending on someone to give that helping hand.

 

Unfortunately, not everyone will always care. Including those who once promised to never leave, and would always be there.

 

We can only rely on the man up above. He is always there no matter what, and showers us with love. He's the only one that can mend our hearts and turn all the bad around; especially when our whole world seems to be crumbling down.

 

Time heals all wounds? Yet, it seems like at times the clock is ticking slowly. The pain life can sometimes bring, feels so endless for its very consuming.

 

But with time, the wound will eventually only become a scar. A reminder of the pain once there, and the times we had fallen apart.

 

One day, we will look back on the trials and feel so much stronger. That shallow emptiness once felt from the past, will not linger any longer.

 

All of us are soldiers in this thing called "life". We must push and keep going, and never give up this fight.

© 2016 IzzytheHippie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's nothing I can add, it speaks for itself. I couldn't agree more. Nice job.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 20, 2016
Last Updated on October 20, 2016
Tags: poetry, poems, life lessons, love, hurt, heartbreak, melancholy

Author

IzzytheHippie
IzzytheHippie

Jacksonville , FL



About
Writing is my life! Hopefully one day my dream of publishing a book, will become a reality. I'm just a simple girl who is trying to make it happen. despise the negativity around me, I will not rest un.. more..