A Startling Revelation

A Startling Revelation

A Story by J.A. Marquez
"

Disclaimer: Not graphic, but kind of mature topic. Today I realized something that blew me away. It put a smile on my face in the sickest of ways and then I just...laughed!

"
It came to my attention some weeks ago now that my four and a half year marriage is over, and I was the last one to know about it. Her name is Toni, and she is the younger model - shockingly I am only twenty two. He had all the excuses, pulled all his cards. We have a deeper connection. I just don't want to be married. I'm not old enough for committment. Finally, I'm just done. Never mind our deep shared history, shared assets, and, oh yeah, our two kids. Marriage is just not for him.

I cried and made a stink, quite literally, staying in bed for days on end refusing to clean or bathe properly. I convinced him and myself of incredible things. We can make this work, all of us together. I know, sounds borderline psychotic. The strange thing is this still seems reasonable to me. I have my own brand of kink.

Alas, it was all in vain. He has been stolen by her. I am now at a point where I can accept this. He is a kid and there is little I can do to hurry his growth along. I am a kid and to be honest I have never taken the time to find myself. We have kids and they need their parents to be amicable.

To this effect I have been meditating on happiness and performing healing therapies on myself. It has made all the difference. In fact, I can even laugh about the things that are out of my control.

So today, in fact moments ago, I was meditating on happiness, when a startling and ironic fact occured to me. It hit me hard, picture the "coulda' had a V8" commercials. A sly smile pressed up the apples of my cheeks and I just laughed. I couldn't help myself, this was worth causing some mischief over.

I slunk out of my room with a cheeky grin and sauntered casually into the living room. He was laying there on the couch, legs splayed wide over the back cushions and a blank stare on his mug. He spotted me and I declared that I had an offensive comment to make. He didn't cringe and my confidence was high. So with an air of self satisfaction I made my announcement and I watched as the same revelation came to him. He was not nearly as amused, but the look on his face was enough to get me there.

"I finally know what she has over me. You see it's sex. The horribly ironic thing is that, I have never been with a grown man. She has been with many. It isn't that she's better, she just knows more! But wait, don't forget....she's only eighteen."

I can't stop grinning.

© 2015 J.A. Marquez


Author's Note

J.A. Marquez
I suddenly have so much more respect for myself. This girl is a child and she has had sex with more adult men than I have. I have been married since I was younger than her so I never knew an adult man before my husband, and he is my own age. But she has been with multiple! It is so twisted and it just makes me laugh.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should have respect for yourself. And there is no respect at all to be had for her. Or that husband. She's not likely to settle for one man now...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

Agreed, I have realized through the pain of this what a decent person I actually am. Thank you for y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015
Tags: sex, lies, funny, relationships, love, lust, cheating, girlfriend

Author

J.A. Marquez
J.A. Marquez

South Lake Tahoe, CA



About
If you want to know who I am, read my stories. Many are works in progress, and many are just a few sentences, but each one is a piece of my soul. more..

Writing
Unbroken Unbroken

A Story by J.A. Marquez