Wanderer

Wanderer

A Story by J.A. Marquez
"

A bright eyed traveler encounters a strange world. His curiosity carries him in, but hostility spits him out.

"
I stumbled upon you by chance. Your oceans swell with life and your soil is teeming. Orbitting a bright sun, your land undulates, casting shadows that paint your visage. Your curved horizon beams a brilliant glow, setting a twinkle to my eyes. I have been watching you from afar for some time. What wonders do you hold?

I eagerly gravitate to your immaculate crust. Lush forests bloom up, shading what lies in the underbrush. The leaved branches reach out to catch your tears. You quake and tremble, shaken by unspoken sorrows.

White flame swallows me as I am drawn to you. It extinguishes and I become overwhelmed by the crystaline atmosphere. Coagulations of mist ease the residual heat as I descend.

What a dazzling sight! How my eyes are widened with awe! Winged ships soar beneath me with tails pointed to the sky. Dodging around them, dwarfed beasts share the expanse of air.

Monolithic structures rise up from you, a bizarre and geometric topography. Around them the plains shoot out, wrinkled by hills and great formations of rock. Water braces all the land, eroding your shores to fine grains. Inumerable creatures graze here, taking only what you freely give

Carry me down with your gentle breath. Do your mysteries ever end? Your spectrum of light tantalizes my unattuned senses. Hues unknown to me, and in so many varying shades, stun my sights. The complexity of your evolution is boggling.

Within the towering kingdoms, irridescent specks buzz between structures and trees. Their organized patterns suggest premeditation. Beings emerge from them, a small species, but evidently advanced. Each one is unique. Their skins are many shades, reflective of your dry land. Fine hairs grow from their bodies, yet they cloak themselves with ornate materials.

Let the wind carry me, there is more I wish to see. Curiosity in tact I am blown over the water and into the sky, a great wave at my back. I am exhilerated by your fantastical power. You are a miraculous world, a land of mystique.

Whirring away from the glowing sun, I barrel into the darkening horizon. Myriads of diverse life forms thrive on your gifts. Beasts coated with wiry fibers ingest your grasses. Scaled creatures scuttle between the dusted rocks. Some settle into the darkness, while others are just emerging with their eyes aglow.

Over dense jungles and gushing rivers, civilization screams out to me. Skillful portraits, gifts from the beings below, offer greetings and peace. They tell stories of spirits far more ancient, who like me happened upon you. I wriggle with delight at such welcome, my joy a pulse of electricity.

In a grand arc I swoop, the force of my craft blowing back the mezmerized beings. They gape at me and gesture, tiny appendages following my course. My excitement cannot be contained. Again I soar down to them and watch as they discover me. They scatter over their kingdom, spreading word that I have come.

It is a welcome too glorious for as humble a creature as me. Humility sends me away, again shooting over the land like a burning meteor. I whistle with satisfaction at my discovery. Have I found the sanctuary I seek?

I leap from city to city, happy to be greeted by the cordial life forms. They flail their limbs with joy at my coming, and stare in awe as I maneuver over their heads. It is a wonderful thing to find a place to call home.

In a last act of gratitude I ascend into the darkness, spiraling upward. Then I fall freely, the wind resisting my craft. It plummets through the air in a magnificent show. On either side of my craft, their soaring ships escort me. They roll and glide, coming closer all the time.

I slow for them and see hot embers glowing beneath their wings. Inside of the ships, the beings keep their eyes pinned on me. I let my craft dance on the breeze. The wings let go of the embers and in a tight formation the ships lift into the sky. I follow, taking part in their custom. Behind me the embers collide and explode in a radiant display.

The blast follows me so I gain speed and burst through their formation in a twirling escape. The ships part ways and circle around me, their beings baffled. I am pleased to impress them, to find favor among them.

A horrific static breaks into my chamber, bursting my ears. I wail, and it continues to screech angrily.

"Bring it down!" comes a growl through the noise.

The ships are closing in once more, yet I suddenly dread their arrival. The hostility in the frequency douses my elation. The embers are hot once more, the red glow deep and sinister. This is not a celebration.

Panic motivates me to turn my craft up, up, up. The missiles release and the chase begins. Up higher, faster, further I go. At my rear the flames lash out, barely grazing me. Higher still, I ascend into the stars, trembling with disbelief. Your blue sky is muddled black with ash and disdain.

The ships retreat, unable to follow beyond your spacial barriers. Sorrow grips me as I glide away. You shrink into the darkness, your reflective glow becoming nothing more than a distant star. I came to you with bubbling hope, certain that you would shelter me. Alas, I am wandering once more, a nomad in an endless universe, always seeking a place to call home.

© 2015 J.A. Marquez


Author's Note

J.A. Marquez
The idea for this story came to me while watching Ancient Aliens. It is something I do for the sake of keeping my mind open, and I also find some truth in Ancient Astronaut Theory. What occured to me today is that we always speculate about aliens and ufos. How often do we consider what they think about us? We assume they want to eat our brains or dominate our planet. What if they were actually just wandering the universe? What if they just stumbled upon us? I decided to expand on this. It is purely experimental. Any input will be considered. I am open to comments on word usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and the general flow of the story. I welcome criticisms. Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome story J.A. I enjoyed this piece. It's definitely a topic with many questions on whats real and whats not... who's keeping secrets and things like that. Good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. You described everything so well. I've read this two times from the first word to the last. And i love it. Rating 100#

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I had fun writing it. I have a thing for Aliens, UFOs, and other off kilter subjects.
Dani The Unreviewed

9 Years Ago

you are welcome.
I like it. You described everything so well. I've read this two times from the first word to the last. And i love it. Rating 100#

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 2, 2015
Tags: aliens, new world, earth, point of view, exploration, awareness, scifi

Author

J.A. Marquez
J.A. Marquez

South Lake Tahoe, CA



About
If you want to know who I am, read my stories. Many are works in progress, and many are just a few sentences, but each one is a piece of my soul. more..

Writing
Unbroken Unbroken

A Story by J.A. Marquez



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..