Perfection is a myth

Perfection is a myth

A Poem by J.Carnevale
"

came to mind. tell me your opinion on the topic.

"

 How can a society demand perfection of people when it is impossable to be perfect? What is the definition of perfect anyway? Excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvment. At least thats what the dictionary says. Its not practical or possiable to be excellent beyond improvment. No way on earth. What defines perfect in society? The perfect hair? The perfect body? The perfect clothes? The perfect job? The perfect home? The perfect family? No one can have all that and more. Sure you may have the perfect body (defined by society), but you may not have the perfect family, or the perfect home.

Heres an example that is pushed for alot in society. One word. Beauty. The way someone looks is often judged by society. If one, lets say, were seen as ugly, it would be greatly frowned upon in society. People are only interested in the way one looks to attract their attention. And lets face it, everyone wants attention one way or another. So because people want attention, they try to portray themselves at perfect. The perfect which is defined by society. People are so unhappy with themselves because they are not what is defined by society as perfect. No one will ever fit that definition. I don't care who you are, you will never be perfect the way society portrays perfect to be. Truth be told, you are perfect just as you are. Someday every single one of you will meet a person who will see you as perfect in everyway. Their definition of perfect. And in the end thats all that matters. That one person.

And truth be told, every person I have meet in my life I find them to be perfect just as  they are. Every person has there flaws. Who gives a damn about flaws? It matters who you are inside. Never hide it. Never loose yourself getting wrapped up in society. Society is cruel and without mercy. It will change you. We must stay strong. We must be ourselfs. Perfect? Please!  Perfect is the same definition as impossiable.

 

Perfection is a myth

 

~J.Carnevale

© 2011 J.Carnevale


Author's Note

J.Carnevale
ignore grammer problem. tell me your opinions on this topic

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Agreed. It's a myth. Nice work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 26, 2011

Author

J.Carnevale
J.Carnevale

Richmond, RI



About
I Live in the smallest town in the smallest state in one of the biggest countries. I enjoy writing poems. perhaps one or two stories to be told as well. I love to make new friends and hear what they h.. more..

Writing
Risky Risky

A Poem by J.Carnevale


Broken Broken

A Poem by J.Carnevale