Take My Hand

Take My Hand

A Story by JDAwesomeness
"

To Jason

"
Overlooking the pit of despair, I was terrified. I peeked over the side, just to see what was going on below. Before I knew what was happening, I was falling. I could still feel the hand on my back that had just shoved me. Luckily I grabbed a hold on the cliff's edge and held on for dear life. I tried to climb back up, but no matter what I tried I just hung there. The chaos below, never stopped moving. I knew if I let go, I would be swept into oblivion. I would never be able to reach the top ever again. Then you came along. You offered me a hand. You said, "Take my hand, trust me." I took your hand and I slowly started to rise. I heard a hiss below me and felt a familiar hand grab my ankle. The demon pulled and I barely managed to kick it off. But now I was even farther down than before. You didn't give up though. You were determined to get me. With a newfound strength, I started rising once again. This time faster. With a final tug I fell on top of the cliff. I dove into your arms and you held me tight. But looking over you shoulder, I saw the demon. The nasty horrible demon that had shoved me off and tried to drag me into the pit. It hissed and ran away leaving us alone on the clifftop. You picked me up in your strong arms and carried me away from the evil. I found comfort in the felling of your arms around me. And maybe the demons still follow me, I see them lurking in the shadows. But when I'm with you, I know I have nothing to fear.
Sadly, all endings cannot be that sweet and I am sorry to say I never made it off that cliff. You left after I fell. I'm alone but slowly I will rise. Each day I pull myself up an inch. And that day I make it back up, you will regret not helping me, for leaving me.

© 2018 JDAwesomeness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on December 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 26, 2018

Author

JDAwesomeness
JDAwesomeness

GA



About
Depression more..

Writing