The Beginning (Of the end?)

The Beginning (Of the end?)

A Story by JDecember
"

The soul shattering feeling of being a newly single individual in a world full of couples and insta-romances.

"
It was the beginning, chapter one of my newly single life. 

Staring at the blank Apple Mac screen in front of me I began to type, my tears held back by an ever growing ego. 

So far, my twenties haven't been easy - rather, they have been a continuous cycle of bad decisions and different boy's beds. Searching for SOMETHING. Searching for something raw and unforgiving. Foraging for meaning, in a desperate attempt to uncover the love of life in which poets express. Somewhere along the line, I lost myself amongst the up raw. 

You see, I am the type of lover, that loses myself in his eyes. 
I am the type of lover, that gives and keeps on giving until there is nothing of me left. 
I am the type of lover, that is disappointed when things are not as they seem through rose-tinted glasses. 

And just like the sun sets, slowly and then all of a sudden... He was gone. 

The familiar pain rips me apart limb from limb as I am once again left (alone) crying on my bedroom floor. 
The pressing fear of solitude is more than I can bare. 

Am I not enough? 
Am I not whole?
Why do I desire so the love and acceptance of another to guarantee my worth as a human on this earth?
Am I unlovable? 
Why did he hurt me?
Why do they always leave?
Why did my Dad leave?
Why did my Grandfather leave?
- This suffering must end one day - 

But when, I ask?


Perhaps it will be when I learn to value my own bones more than the bones of another. 
Perhaps it will be when I can look myself in the mirror and be proud of the woman that I am. 

The problem with being the owner of a larger than life heart is that it is easily damaged and easily worn. 

Nevertheless, despite the joy and the pain and the in-betweens - I will not give up on love. 
But today... I choose to love myself. 

© 2018 JDecember


Author's Note

JDecember
An honest and raw piece of writing based on a recent chapter in my life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on July 10, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018
Tags: romance, heartbreak, reflection, journal, blog, love, thoughts, diary, short, story

Author

JDecember
JDecember

Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Just a twenty-something dreaming my way through life... more..